.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Problems with making an Oni Pretender (for Yomi) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45475)

Phoenixblood April 29th, 2010 07:15 PM

Problems with making an Oni Pretender (for Yomi)

Hello everyone, this is my first thread.
After getting this fine game, and playing around with various nations and pretenders, I noticed something that bothered me, The Oni kings nation, has no Oni pretender! Even the Bakemono (MA guys) have a Bakemono pretender, so I thought I would mod in an Oni pretender based off the Dai Oni, in a similar vain to the Niefelheim Son of Niefel/Niefel Jarl similarities.
So I read through the mod manual, and set everything up, I assume the Oni spirit uses #secondtmpshape or whatever that command was? so I made the new pretender and its secondshape, im fairly certain all the numbers were sound, so I load the mod, can select the pretender and everything, start the game, and to test if the Oni Spirit is working correctly I send him into a battle solo and... the game crashes.
I get an error message like.. 'God has no unit com1962 error' or something.
Anyone know a workaround for this? as a quick fix Ive made him #immortal, but that doesnt capture the spirit of the Oni, so, a little help for the modding novice? Thanks in advance!

rdonj April 29th, 2010 07:26 PM

Re: Problems with making an Oni Pretender (for Yomi)

Does the spirit form have a #firstshape of the original form? Also the command you should be using for the secondary form is #secondshape. If that still doesn't work, it may be that you can't have things in secondshapes out of battle for some reason.

Phoenixblood April 30th, 2010 05:20 AM

Thanks for the reply.
Firstly, yeah the Oni spirit had #firstshape
Secondly, in the Mod Manual, there are two secondshape commands
#secondshape used for things that change shape when seriously wounded. and
#secondtmpshape used for things that change shape when killed in battle, which is what the Oni do.
Unless anyone can confirm that Oni use #secondshape? or that #secondtmpshape is buggy?

Sombre April 30th, 2010 08:57 AM

Post up your dm and I'll take a look.

Graeme Dice April 30th, 2010 09:57 AM

#secondshape is for units that change into a second shape when killed and then remain after battle.

#secondtmpshape is for units that do not remain if the first shape is killed, such as serpent cataphracts.

Use #secondshape for a pretender

Phoenixblood May 3rd, 2010 07:32 AM

Ah, I get it now, I misunderstood their uses. Thanks, its all working good now just those three letters and it works like a charm. Thanks again everyone for your help.