.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52961)

DRG March 15th, 2023 02:32 AM

Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players

Andy and I have noticed a difference in the way Pressing 8 ( reverse) works between our games so my question to everyone is this:

We expect that reversing a vehicle is only done occasionally and some players may never use it but for those that do use it do you simply press 8 and that will initiate the reverse sequence or do you find you have to hold the 8 key down until the vehicle reverses?

Karagin March 15th, 2023 09:53 AM

Re: Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players

I have found when hitting the 8 key, the vehicle will reverse one hex back, and that it happens right after I press the 8 key. Turret facing will remain how it was, though.

Holding it down doesn't seem to gain any advantage, or I have not seen any.

zovs66 March 15th, 2023 01:07 PM

I had to press the 8 key and it does work but not every time, but yeah I had to press and hold the 8 key.

Aeraaa March 15th, 2023 02:31 PM

For me it's press 8 once and it works.

DRG March 15th, 2023 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zovs66 (Post 854010)
I had to press the 8 key and it does work but not every time, but yeah I had to press and hold the 8 key.

This is my experience as well

zovs66 March 15th, 2023 03:04 PM

So far I could only get it to work on MBT, but not in WW2 in version 14 or 15, but I swear I have before in WW2.

DRG March 15th, 2023 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeraaa (Post 854011)
For me it's press 8 once and it works.

That is how it works for Andy. For me it's press and hold until the vehicle reverses.

It's a mystery I would like to get to the bottom of but it's not critical. It might have to do with individual computers OR/AND the preferences settings in-game OR/AND GameOptions preferences

zovs66 March 15th, 2023 03:05 PM

So we have 2 for 2 reported thus far.

Which is a weird mystery.

Mobhack March 15th, 2023 04:25 PM

Or as I stated in the WW2 thread on this - the tank has insufficient remaining MP to enter the terrain hex behind it and note wasnt taken of the "X cannot reverse" message that should pop up in the notification window when that occurs.

DRG March 15th, 2023 04:31 PM

Andy...... my tests were on tanks that had not moved at all and showed many hexes of potential movement because I play with move radius on