.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   WinSPWW2 V12 ( 2019 ) Upgrade (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52196)

anlubue March 22nd, 2019 06:23 PM

Re: WinSPWW2 V12 ( 2019 ) Upgrade

I think I can say that for everyone: We wholeheartedly wish you both and Tim Brooks that your beloved games will keep the players so well entertained for another 20 years to come. And a lot of health!

Thanks for this wonderful upgrade.

troopie March 22nd, 2019 11:51 PM

I See I'm going to have to buy the CD versions to get the features I want. Oh Well. Don you and Andy need holidays. May I suggest Mendoza, Argentina?

troopie

Felix Nephthys March 23rd, 2019 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 844708)
* All games – If your core and support points result in a force that the AI, as player 2, cannot match then it will try to “level up” by increasing the experience and morale of the troops it has bought.

How will this work exactly?

DRG March 23rd, 2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys (Post 844765)
Quote:

* All games – If your core and support points result in a force that the AI, as player 2, cannot match then it will try to “level up” by increasing the experience and morale of the troops it has bought.

Well.. I was setting up a game to walk through the steps to explain how this would work when I discovered we have a problem with that code so the release for both games may be delayed

Roman March 23rd, 2019 11:52 AM

Thanks, thanks, thanks......:clap:

DRG March 23rd, 2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys (Post 844765)
Quote:

It has been removed from the code

Roman March 23rd, 2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopie (Post 844763)
I See I'm going to have to buy the CD versions to get the features I want. Oh Well. Don you and Andy need holidays. May I suggest Mendoza, Argentina?

troopie

beautiful place!!! Are you from Mendoza troopie?

Felix Nephthys March 25th, 2019 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 843946)
It looks like the "A0 rallies everyone if close by" thing is another of these SP "folklore" items that have been "accepted" by all (including me!:D) since the year dot. probably from something stated on some old usenet forum or suchlike in the 90s...

looking at the actual rally code - A0 will only rally his subordinates, i.e. anyone attached to his A company (which includes company commanders for B, C etc as well as random platoons not individually attached to B,C etc coy). He is just another company commander.

So any rally that I or others may have seen with A0 will have been company command elements, or unattached platoon commanders or subunits of such platoons.

No big deal really, just another reason to keep A0 in the proper place - somewhere on the back line and away from all combat.

I may include a new test to see if A0 is nearby to give units a wee boost to their rally chance though.

Will this stay the same as it has been for the next update?

Mobhack March 25th, 2019 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys (Post 844797)
Quote:

It looks like the "A0 rallies everyone if close by" thing is another of these SP "folklore" items that have been "accepted" by all (including me!:D) since the year dot. probably from something stated on some old usenet forum or suchlike in the 90s...

looking at the actual rally code - A0 will only rally his subordinates, i.e. anyone attached to his A company (which includes company commanders for B, C etc as well as random platoons not individually attached to B,C etc coy). He is just another company commander.

So any rally that I or others may have seen with A0 will have been company command elements, or unattached platoon commanders or subunits of such platoons.

No big deal really, just another reason to keep A0 in the proper place - somewhere on the back line and away from all combat.

I may include a new test to see if A0 is nearby to give units a wee boost to their rally chance though.

No change there

Felix Nephthys March 25th, 2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 844798)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix Nephthys (Post 844797)
Quote:

No change there

Ok, just wanted to make sure.