.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43949)

WraithLord February 9th, 2010 10:38 AM

Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6

All hail rodnj, the prince of new balance. May the nerfs be with you :)

13lackGu4rd February 9th, 2010 02:29 PM

seems like a lot of players are complaining about the OPness of Ashdod and to a lesser extent Hinnom and Gath. perhaps the next CBM update(whenever that will be) could address some of the issues which make the Hinnom line nations so OP in MP?

Sir_Dr_D February 9th, 2010 03:14 PM

Couldn't we nominate someone else to continue with the balance mod, such as Sombre.

kianduatha February 9th, 2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13lackGu4rd (Post 730714)
seems like a lot of players are complaining about the OPness of Ashdod and to a lesser extent Hinnom and Gath. perhaps the next CBM update(whenever that will be) could address some of the issues which make the Hinnom line nations so OP in MP?

To a fairly great degree, those issues have been addressed--fairly massive price increases for their recruitable thug chassis(most notably so you can't purchase an Adon 1st turn) takes away some of their early momentum. Also the inclusion of the Hero's Blade gives an excellent counter to low numbers of elite giants.

How many MP games have even been played with Ashdod since 1.6 came out?

Snowcat February 9th, 2010 05:51 PM

Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6 PROPOSITIONS for CBM 1.7

I have now completed reading the over 50 pages in this topic
an I really think somebody should make a new topic with the
title PROPOSITIONS FOR CBM 1.7 - the propositions should
be voted for, polled, and neatly listed up so somebody could
actually put all these ideas into practise rather than just
thinking and talking about it.

So this is my sincere and optimistic invitation for anybody
reading this to do this. Go forth, fellow Pretenders and may
your sharp minds strike true:heart:!
:bug::bug::bug::bug::bug::lightning::cheese:

Trumanator February 9th, 2010 06:09 PM

lol nice first post. As for propostions, generally QM uses the feedback on his previous CBM thread (this one) when making the next CBM. However, its going to be a month or two before we get a new one, what with his current busyness.

13lackGu4rd February 9th, 2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kianduatha (Post 730723)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 13lackGu4rd (Post 730714)

To a fairly great degree, those issues have been addressed--fairly massive price increases for their recruitable thug chassis(most notably so you can't purchase an Adon 1st turn) takes away some of their early momentum. Also the inclusion of the Hero's Blade gives an excellent counter to low numbers of elite giants.

those counters you mentioned seem rather irrelevant Imho as they clearly don't address the issues fully.

Quote:

How many MP games have even been played with Ashdod since 1.6 came out?
and this is precisely the problem, in too many MA and even single age games Ashdod is just banned, almost as much as LA Ermor/R'lyeh...

anonymity February 9th, 2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowcat (Post 730743)
I have now completed reading the over 50 pages in this topic
an I really think somebody should make a new topic with the
title PROPOSITIONS FOR CBM 1.7 - the propositions should
be voted for, polled, and neatly listed up so somebody could
actually put all these ideas into practise rather than just
thinking and talking about it.

So this is my sincere and optimistic invitation for anybody
reading this to do this. Go forth, fellow Pretenders and may
your sharp minds strike true:heart:!
:bug::bug::bug::bug::bug::lightning::cheese:

While there's something to be said for forging ahead with 1.7, I'd hesitate to ever put balance changes up for a vote. People complain about a lot of things and think certain changes might be cool, but it's up to the mod creator to keep the mod focused on its objectives. CBM was never meant to be much of a nation balance mod, and look here we are discussing nation balance changes for the majority of the last 50 pages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13lackGu4rd (Post 730757)
and this is precisely the problem, in too many MA and even single age games Ashdod is just banned, almost as much as LA Ermor/R'lyeh...

Just because they're not being played doesn't mean they should be nerfed further. The current balance changes need to be tested before determining if they're insufficient. Besides, there's nothing overpowered about Hinnom and Gath, especially compared to their eras and to the other giant nations. Gath might even be considered weak.

Squirrelloid February 9th, 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymity (Post 730768)
CBM was never meant to be much of a nation balance mod, and look here we are discussing nation balance changes for the majority of the last 50 pages.

I think that, as of CBM 1.6, this is pretty patently false. Most of its changes make no sense outside of a general game balance perspective. The Ashdod nerfs already mentioned, for example, are very clearly about balancing Ashdod vs. other nations.

So regardless of what it started as in its infancy, its very clearly about nation balance now.

Trumanator February 9th, 2010 10:18 PM

Well, to be truthful its basically about what QM wants it to be. Its true though that it has steadily edged in the direction of balance.