.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Warcry - new semi-rand game :) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44228)

Zeldor October 28th, 2009 01:52 PM

Warcry - new semi-rand game :)

Here comes a game that I promised for some time. Rules are a combination of RAND ones and normal multiplayer games, so:

- nations are random [but you can name 3 you don't want to roll]
- players are known and you know who plays who
- diplomacy is allowed
- no trading is allowed [or donations]

Other settings:

Era: MA
Map: Dawn of Dominions [adapted for MA, details lower]
Settings: standard for MA, magic sites 50, HoF 15, Renaming ON
Mods: CBM 1.6, Zlefin's F&W thugs [http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43378]
Victory conditions: 6/12 VPs
Players: 12

Players:
01 Caelum - Zeldor
02 Atlantis - FrozenLlama
03 Agartha - Pashadawg
04 Arco - Baalz
05 Vanheim - Ferrosol [Omnirizon as a sub now]
06 Ermor - Quitti
07 Jotunheim - Lolomo
08 CTis - Burnsaber
09 Eriu - Micah
10 Bandar Log - QM [Trumanator as a sub now]
11 Pangaea - Lingchih
12 Pythium - Graeme Dice

Other important reminder:
- no cheating [if you are not sure it's cheating, ask]
- no Sickle farming
- patrolling with immobile commanders allowed [minor bug]

Zeldor October 29th, 2009 11:38 AM

Re: Warcry - new semi-rand game :)

Ok, just waiting on 4 players, I guess that it should be easily to fill, probably till Sunday, especially with few people PMing with interest in that game.

So please, take a look at the map and see if you have any suggestions. Especially for Agartha, Caelum and Eriu. I was thinking about switching Pan for Machaka, but I don't think they'd be able to survive long enough.

I will also need names of provs that need changing, at least in Pan neighbourhood. Eriu's too.

Zeldor October 31st, 2009 05:59 PM

Ok, it looks like there will be just 1 spot for volunteers, unless someone from invite list decides to play after all tomorrow. Will let you all know tomorrow evening.

LoloMo October 31st, 2009 10:37 PM

What's sickle farming? If it's using the sickle artifact to get death gems, I think it would be pretty hard to determine what is "farming" and what is "normal" usage. Can we just mod it out?

Graeme Dice October 31st, 2009 11:00 PM

Sickle farming would be using the sickle with remote attack spells to harvest 30 death gems a turn. Either get somebody to attack one of your provinces with remote attack spells, or cast ghost riders on your own province.

LoloMo October 31st, 2009 11:45 PM

Oh! Crafty! Ok, I'm good with disallowing that.

Zeldor November 1st, 2009 04:27 AM

Well, not certainly remotes, but just Sickle + ally suiciding troops against it.

quantum_mechani November 1st, 2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme Dice (Post 716670)
or cast ghost riders on your own province.

Actually, ghost riders doesn't work since they are lifeless.

Calahan November 1st, 2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quantum_mechani (Post 716701)
Actually, ghost riders doesn't work since they are lifeless.

Just because I'm a bit anal about these things sometimes, it's actually the Mindless tag that is the key when it comes to getting gems from the Sickle. Since killing a Lich for example (which is Lifeless), will net you a gem.

After having the Sickle in three games over the summer, I found no way of self abusing it. As all the remote attack spells you can cast with the 'independents' tag (thereby generating a battle) bring no returns gem wise. It definitely takes two to tango for Sickle farming. (hence why I'm guessing it's on the banned exploit list)

Or of course just take Misfortune 3 (or cast Baleful Star on yourself) and wait for the Barbs/Knights to turn up :) (or, now it's mentioned, is attacking barbarians with the Sickle an exploit as well?)

Graeme Dice November 1st, 2009 02:15 PM

Didn't realize that. I never managed to quite get to the point that I could try it out except in one game that crashed just before I managed to reach Con 9.