.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MA game: Gladiators of Loemendor, not recruiting (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=46019)

earcaraxe August 2nd, 2010 06:05 AM

MA game: Gladiators of Loemendor, not recruiting

Hi!

this game was going to be a simple LA game, except that the arena death match winner would have been greatly rewarded by the other players with n*5 gold and n/4 gems, where n is the turn number. Since no one wanted to play (...), I declare this thread closed.

sansanjuan August 2nd, 2010 02:20 PM

Re: MA game: Gladiators of Loemendor, recruiting

E
Interesting concept but perhaps a bit unbalanced on rewards. So on turn 20 the winner would get 20x8 gems and money to boot. I like your idea but the reward may be slightly unbalanced.
ssj

sansanjuan August 2nd, 2010 02:28 PM

Crazy afterthought
What if the victory conditions were 3 arena wins in a row (only)

Could.even make it a 9 prov map (cap only for each player) with zero conventional fighting. Sounds like an old star trek plot... Anyway it would sure cut down on micro.... I would play since the time for turns would be minimal yet fun.
my $0.02
ssj

minko August 2nd, 2010 03:11 PM

cool idea but giant nations would own too much

earcaraxe August 2nd, 2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansanjuan (Post 753543)
E
Interesting concept but perhaps a bit unbalanced on rewards. So on turn 20 the winner would get 20x8 gems and money to boot. I like your idea but the reward may be slightly unbalanced.
ssj

thanks for the input. im convinced, made it down to n/2.

earcaraxe August 2nd, 2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansanjuan (Post 753548)
Crazy afterthought

Could.even make it a 9 prov map (cap only for each player) with zero conventional fighting. Sounds like an old star trek plot... Anyway it would sure cut down on micro.... I would play since the time for turns would be minimal yet fun.
my $0.02
ssj

very cool idea, i like it a lot. i will make some kind of that next time. with a gamemaster-nation that does nothing but wishes for arena every 5 turns or so.

sansanjuan August 2nd, 2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minko (Post 753550)
cool idea but giant nations would own too much

True but perhaps that could be mitigated a number of ways..
Outright ban of some races
Or
Matches don't start till turn 15 or so (magic begins to nullify pure brawn ) with matches occurring every 3rd turn or so
Or
Perhaps early game if many giant races are in play they would take turns winning making 3 in a row difficult
Or
Some races get a pretender build penalty. Himmon gets fewer points.

Would play crazy different without expansion. Scales, bless, pretender design would have to be weighed towards creation of an early/mid/late game thug/sc. Research could be easy to get magic and items into play earlier. Your triple blessed Jotun may own 8 of 9 players but can't seem to kill that quickened thug with the paralyzing touch (or whatever).

No worries about naps though trading could be interesting.. That Ermor tart has 2 wins in a row... Who best to give the flambeau to for taking him down?

ssj

Amadamus August 2nd, 2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansanjuan (Post 753548)
Crazy afterthought

my $0.02
ssj

Thats a great idea for a game...

Cap Only
Ban on troop recruits
Free Gift of Reason
Commanders and GoR'd summons only
Easy Research
High Gems

Small map with combat carried out between thugs and mages - Thugby!

earcaraxe August 3rd, 2010 03:46 AM

i'd certainly join that kind of game.

however its way over my nonexistent modding capabilities. I encourage you to host a game like this, souns very exciting to me.

earcaraxe August 5th, 2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansanjuan (Post 753543)
E
ssj

modified rewards.