.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Utility: RanDom v2.03 - Map gen & Semirandomizer... Updated (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=34826)

DakaSha June 7th, 2009 05:34 AM

Re: RanDom v2.03 - Map gen & Semirandomizer... Updated

hey uhm for some reason semirandom is choosing a random god file (from the disabled ones..) and then making all the nations set to AI use that god file.

so the game crashes saying that the nation isnt in the game.

the first map i did with semirandom worked though. now it does this every time

edit: its not doing it when i select early age... what am i doing wrong? it only does this on mid and late

DakaSha June 7th, 2009 05:54 AM

nevermind im an idiot... didnt extend the text files ;)

pyg November 7th, 2009 12:46 AM

Did some fiddling waiting for a turn to host and yes you can get RanDom to run under Wine/*nix (you need a vb.dll and all three .ocx). You can even get it to spawn the map creation in Dom3 if you symlink your binary as Dom3.exe. Should be able to use the created .map although I didn't wait for it to finish.

SemiRand works fine under Wine as well and you can use RanDom to do it. I did not test it extensively but it seems to have worked. Finding the completed _SR.map in the SemiRand directory was a little counterintuitive to me.

Running SemiRand.yab in yabasic/*nix has a tiny bug you might want to fix.

Code:

320c320
< OPEN 1, path$+"\\LIST_CRATE\\OkEndList.txt", "r"
---
> OPEN 1, path$+os$+"LIST_CRATE"+os$+"OkEndList.txt", "r"

As a minor point of feedback it would be nice if the first post had an attachment that was completely up to date (nation.cfg is 3.17) and included all the GANs and GODs available.

I am looking forward to messing around with this some more!

Foodstamp November 7th, 2009 06:32 PM

That means Map Forge will probably work as well in linux with some fiddling + WINE. Good stuff to know :).

LumenPlacidum December 24th, 2009 04:52 PM

Is it possible to generate wrapping maps with this?

Gandalf Parker December 24th, 2009 07:46 PM

I dont think so.
There is another program that can generate wrapped maps but unless you are REALLY smart in math its very hard to use. Or do like I did and spend alot of time plugging in random numbers until you hit something usable. But you can run those maps thru the randomizer afterward to generate SemiRandom game maps.
Check out some of the links for MapGen project of ParadoxHarbinger at http://www.dom3minions.com/maps.htm
and if you want to download the mepgen program itself to take a stab at it then its on the links page at
http://www.dom3minions.com/links.htm

LumenPlacidum December 25th, 2009 01:49 AM

Haha, how ironic. Math degree, don't fail me now!

Gandalf Parker December 25th, 2009 12:17 PM

I still have trouble with the basic 4 math functions from 4th grade. My enjoyment of programming is based partly on being able to just type in the formula someone gives me, or having the program do the math for me. Thats what computers are for.

ParadoxHarbinger's "simple" explanations of some of his programs features sounded to me like a lecture from Stephen Hawkins. Personally I think I did pretty good. I got maps out of it that I felt were comfortable to look at, properly colored for the terrains, and in different sizes. But everything in the program is so inter-connected that if someone wanted one a certain size or more water I ended up starting over completely. Any small change affected everything the program did.

Id love to see some decent maps done with it. People do like wraps. You might also snap up Kristoffers file of map icons which would help make the maps look more like other maps that have been made. ParadoxHarbinger's program did have something about automatic icon insertion on the last version but I didnt get it to work very well.

I truly do wish you good luck. Let us know how things turn out.

Ballbarian November 22nd, 2010 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached to this post are 81 new GAN province files & 89 new GOD files in zip format submitted by <font color="green">Stavis_L</font>.

<font color="red">Stavis_L_Nov_2010.zip</font>

To apply:
Paste the 89 ".god" files into your SemiRandom/GOD_BIN directory and add the following lines to GodList.txt (located in your SemiRandom/LIST_CRATE directory):

STAVIS1_12_A_EA_
STAVIS10_17_A_EA_
STAVIS11_26_A_EA_SEA_
STAVIS12_26_A_EA_SEA_
STAVIS13_22_A_EA_SEA_
STAVIS14_2_R_EA_
STAVIS15_2_R_EA_
STAVIS16_2_A_EA_
STAVIS17_2_A_EA_
STAVIS18_19_A_EA_
STAVIS19_19_R_EA_
STAVIS2_0_R_EA_
STAVIS2_66_A_LA_
STAVIS20_49_R_LA_
STAVIS21_49_A_LA_
STAVIS22_71_R_LA_
STAVIS23_71_R_LA_
STAVIS24_59_R_LA_
STAVIS25_59_R_LA_
STAVIS26_60_R_LA_
STAVIS27_50_A_LA_
STAVIS28_65_A_LA_
STAVIS29_53_R_LA_
STAVIS3_9_R_EA_
STAVIS30_53_R_LA_
STAVIS31_62_A_LA_
STAVIS32_61_R_LA_
STAVIS33_61_R_LA_
STAVIS34_67_R_LA_SEA_
STAVIS35_36_R_MA_
STAVIS36_36_R_MA_
STAVIS37_36_A_MA_
STAVIS38_27_R_MA_
STAVIS39_27_R_MA_
STAVIS4_14_R_EA_
STAVIS40_43_R_MA_
STAVIS41_43_R_MA_
STAVIS42_69_R_MA_
STAVIS43_69_A_MA_
STAVIS44_28_R_MA_
STAVIS45_42_A_MA_
STAVIS46_35_A_MA_
STAVIS47_30_R_MA_
STAVIS48_32_A_MA_
STAVIS49_32_A_MA_
STAVIS5_16_A_EA_
STAVIS50_33_A_MA_
STAVIS51_48_R_MA_SEA_
STAVIS52_40_R_MA_
STAVIS53_29_A_MA_
STAVIS54_44_R_MA_
STAVIS55_31_R_MA_
STAVIS56_8_R_EA_
STAVIS57_8_A_EA_
STAVIS58_12_A_EA_
STAVIS59_12_R_EA_
STAVIS6_20_R_EA_
STAVIS60_60_R_LA_
STAVIS61_60_R_LA_
STAVIS62_60_R_LA_
STAVIS63_54_A_LA_
STAVIS64_54_R_LA_
STAVIS65_70_R_LA_
STAVIS66_70_R_LA_
STAVIS67_70_R_LA_
STAVIS68_30_R_MA_
STAVIS69_30_R_MA_
STAVIS7_68_R_EA_
STAVIS70_30_R_MA_
STAVIS71_30_R_MA_
STAVIS72_60_A_LA_
STAVIS73_56_R_LA_
STAVIS74_56_A_LA_
STAVIS75_56_R_LA_
STAVIS76_65_A_LA_
STAVIS77_71_R_LA_
STAVIS78_71_R_LA_
STAVIS79_57_A_LA_
STAVIS8_3_R_EA_
STAVIS80_57_A_LA_
STAVIS81_57_A_LA_
STAVIS82_66_A_LA_
STAVIS83_66_A_LA_SEA
STAVIS84_56_A_LA_SEA
STAVIS85_55_A_LA_
STAVIS86_55_A_LA_
STAVIS87_55_A_LA_
STAVIS88_55_A_LA_
STAVIS9_17_A_EA_

Paste the 81 ".gan" files into your SemiRandom/GAN_BIN directory and add the following lines to GanList.txt (located in your SemiRandom/LIST_CRATE directory):

STAVX1_CO_A_SEA_DEP_N_NS_
STAVX10_U_A_EMT_WTR_L_
STAVX11_U_A_EMT_FST_N_SS_
STAVX12_U_R_EMT_FST_N_SS_
STAVX13_M_R_EMT_WST_WTR_N_
STAVX14_M_A_EMT_WST_WTR_N_
STAVX15_M_A_FRM_WTR_S_
STAVX16_M_A_EMT_WTR_S_
STAVX17_PN_U_R_L_WS_
STAVX18_CO_U_A_FRM_L_BS_
STAVX19_CO_U_R_FRM_L_BS_
STAVX2_CO_M_A_WTR_N_
STAVX20_U_A_EMT_FST_N_ES_
STAVX21_M_A_EMT_FST_N_ES_
STAVX22_M_A_SEA_DEP_N_ES_
STAVX23_VC_U_R_SEA_DEP_N_FS_
STAVX24_VL_U_A_N_PS_
STAVX25_VL_U_R_N_PS_
STAVX26_M_A_FST_N_WS_
STAVX27_M_A_FRM_WTR_N_
STAVX28_M_A_FST_N_PS_
STAVX29_U_R_SEA_DEP_N_ES_
STAVX3_CO_M_R_FST_L_BS_
STAVX30_M_A_FST_N_AS_
STAVX31_M_A_N_SS_
STAVX32_VL_U_R_N_SS_
STAVX33_M_A_EMT_N_WS_
STAVX34_CO_U_R_FST_WTR_N_SS_
STAVX35_M_A_WTR_L_
STAVX36_VC_U_R_N_FS_
STAVX37_VC_M_A_N_FS_
STAVX38_M_A_WST_WTR_N_
STAVX39_M_A_N_WS_
STAVX4_CO_U_R_FST_L_BS_
STAVX40_M_A_SWP_N_DS_
STAVX41_M_A_N_BS_
STAVX42_U_R_MNT_FST_WTR_L_
STAVX43_M_A_MNT_WTR_S_
STAVX44_M_A_MNT_WTR_N_
STAVX45_VC_U_R_MNT_FST_WTR_S_
STAVX46_U_R_MNT_WTR_N_
STAVX47_VL_M_A_FRM_WTR_N_
STAVX48_CO_M_A_FST_WTR_N_
STAVX49_U_R_FST_S_AS_
STAVX5_CO_M_A_FST_N_AS_
STAVX50_CO_M_R_FST_L_NS_
STAVX51_VC_U_R_FST_N_FS_
STAVX52_CO_M_A_N_SS_
STAVX53_CO_U_A_FRM_N_BS_
STAVX54_M_A_S_BS_
STAVX55_VC_U_R_L_FS_
STAVX56_CO_M_A_FST_N_DS_
STAVX57_CO_U_A_FST_L_ES_
STAVX58_M_A_MNT_WTR_
STAVX59_CO_U_R_FRM_WTR_L_
STAVX6_CO_U_R_FST_AS_
STAVX60_CO_M_A_FRM_WTR_L_
STAVX61_VC_U_R_FST_WTR_N_FS_
STAVX62_M_A_FST_WTR_N_
STAVX63_M_A_SWP_N_ES_
STAVX64_U_R_SWP_N_ES_
STAVX65_U_A_WST_WTR_N_
STAVX66_CO_M_A_FRM_L_WS_
STAVX67_CO_U_R_FRM_L_WS_
STAVX68_CO_M_A_FRM_WTR_N_
STAVX69_M_A_N_ES_
STAVX7_M_A_EMT_FST_S_WS_
STAVX70_M_A_SEA_DEP_N_WS_
STAVX71_CO_M_A_WTR_L_
STAVX72_U_R_EMT_FST_S_WS_
STAVX73_CO_U_R_FST_L_ES_
STAVX74_U_R_SEA_DEP_N_ES_
STAVX75_M_A_S_BS_
STAVX76_M_A_S_BS_
STAVX77_U_A_N_BS_
STAVX78_U_A_FRM_N_
STAVX79_U_A_BS_
STAVX8_U_R_EMT_FST_S_WS_
STAVX80_U_A_SS_
STAVX81_U_R_MNT_S_PS_
STAVX9_M_A_EMT_WTR_N_

These are new and were not included in RanDom version 203.

More great additions from the community for the community. Thanks!

DeadlyShoe December 12th, 2010 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just started using RanDom, its fantastic for creating a better SP experience. Thanks Ballbarian.

I did find the installation grind somewhat pointless laborious and created an archive that can simply be extracted to the dominions directory with the updates etc preinstalled. It contains RanDom, the GAN/GOD Compilation, and the Stavis 2010 update. I tested it on a vanilla dom3 installation and it created a map/semirandomized it successfully.

If you ever think about updating it, i'd love "No Independents" and/or "NI outside Fiddled Prov" buttons :)

I'm just doing it manually for now though so no worries :D

Gandalf Parker December 12th, 2010 11:23 AM

FANTASTIC! Stavis_L is the champ of AI work.

I will immediately update for both the daily downloadable SemiRand play map
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45702
and for the multiplayer (or solo game) open SRAND games on the server
http://www.dom3minions.com/HostedGames.htm

hmmm... question. Does it matter to the program if the new files are at the beginning or end of the list? Will it change their chances of appearing?

DeadlyShoe December 12th, 2010 11:51 AM

Though I am having problem where LA Marignon insta-domkills. Dunno why - Their entry in the map file looks fine. I even tried giving them a Juggernaught. :|

Gandalf Parker December 12th, 2010 11:55 AM

if you use the -dd switch you can see the debug logs of the game, or the --comptrn switch to see the trn files of the AI

Stavis_L December 13th, 2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe (Post 765844)
Though I am having problem where LA Marignon insta-domkills. Dunno why - Their entry in the map file looks fine. I even tried giving them a Juggernaught. :|

I find that occasionally the game doesn't actually place the province, even though it appears valid in the map file. Not sure why, but (since it's for single player) I've never bothered investigating too deeply. Usually I just RanDom up another instance of the map, and the 2nd time through it works...one more factor that may be an issue is that I think LA Mari requires a coastal start, and I'm not positive that Semi-RanDom respects this when placing them.

Also, make sure that the nation for your LA Mari province is actually 53 - it's possible that either there's a typo or that SemiRandom pulled in a different pretender (.GOD) file (I think it uses one at random if it can't find a .GOD file that matches the nation in question for whatever reason.)

I'm assuming that LA Mari is an AI opponent, and not your player nation?

If you want to get another perspective, you can also try starting as the AI nation by removing the #computerplayer line - for LA Mari it's #computerplayer 53 (you'll need to disable cheat detection too.) It doesn't matter what pretender/scale settings you choose if you do this, the map file will overwrite them. Sometimes this lets you see something that's not obvious from looking at the map code.

Gandalf Parker December 21st, 2010 12:26 PM

INTERESTING
This is probably one of those things I knew, but forgot. But I was messing around with SemiRandom and discovered that if it picks a province to put a surprise in, and cant find a matching file, then it lists it in the map as a note for a NEED.

Running one of my megamaps thru it (which should provide as many tries as possible) came up with this list of needs.....

-- Need: EDGEMOUNT ASTRAL-SITE NORMAL
-- Need: ASTRAL-SITE LARGE
-- Need: PRIEST-SITE LARGE
-- Need: DEATH-SITE NORMAL VALLEY
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT AIR-SITE SMALL
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT DEATH-SITE NORMAL
-- Need: FIRE-SITE SMALL VOLCANO
-- Need: BLOOD-SITE SEA NORMAL
-- Need: AIR-SITE WASTE NORMAL
-- Need: AIR-SITE SMALL
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT EARTH-SITE NORMAL
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT PRIEST-SITE SMALL
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT EARTH-SITE NORMAL CAVE
-- Need: DEATH-SITE FOREST NORMAL
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT EARTH-SITE NORMAL
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT NATURE-SITE FOREST NORMAL
-- Need: AIR-SITE NORMAL
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT PRIEST-SITE NORMAL
-- Need: EDGEMOUNT DEATH-SITE LARGE

Of course we want multiple choices for every possible location
for SemiRandom to be able to properly fill its mission.
But there are still HOLES? Those need filled now.
Surely we can come up with something interesting to run across in a
DEATH-SITE and VALLEY province.
</pre>

DeadlyShoe December 21st, 2010 03:51 PM

@Stavis - I did a few more trial runs and though I havent confirmed it explicitly the coastal placement seems to be the most likely reason. I'm running middle age games for now though, I'll check into it later.

@Gandalf - I think a few nations are still lacking gods as well. I ran into some problems with some nations just using other nations godfiles instead and insta-exploding because of it. I think MA Atlantis? Will need to confirm.

Stavis_L December 21st, 2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe (Post 766753)
@Gandalf - I think a few nations are still lacking gods as well. I ran into some problems with some nations just using other nations godfiles instead and insta-exploding because of it. I think MA Atlantis? Will need to confirm.

There should be .GOD files for all nations now, but you'll need to add:
1) The main Semi-RanDom archive (bottom of the first post of this thread)
2) The "rollup" archive from 2/10/2009 (In a post linked near the top of the first post of this thread.)

These two should be enough to have at least 1 ".GOD" file per nation. Not sure if you need to hand update the GODLIST and GANLIST files though.

If you like, you can also add the latest archive of things I contributed, which is linked near the bottom of the first post in this thread; that archive adds a great many more ".GOD" files, although doesn't cover *every* nation. I think there are now >1 per nation with that set, though (I was shooting for that, but I haven't checked to make sure I got there.) Again, you'll need to update your GODLIST and GANLIST files to make sure those additional files are "pulled in".

DeadlyShoe December 21st, 2010 06:11 PM

well, as it turned out, I managed to import the STAVIS list into the compilation i uploaded, but not into the copy i actually use in game. Woops. ^_^ Sorry

I am curious why 6, 23, 24, and 25 are unused nation numbers...hadnt noticed before checking in excel for missing nation #s in the godlists.

Gandalf Parker December 21st, 2010 07:43 PM

6 was set aside for later use. I think for an Early Machaka? It just never got used and now trying to turn it on gets an error if its not done carefully.

23, 24, 25 arent actually unused.
23 and 24 are the "Special Monsters" AI's and are the "nation" controlling some random events and random summons
25 is the AI of the Independent's

You can actually turn them on in a game, give them a capital, sites, a god. I do that in my Chaos games. SURPRISE!
http://www.dom3minions.com/HostedGames.htm

DakaSha January 8th, 2011 02:29 AM

I have been trying to use the GOD setups but i cant do it.. no matter what i do it crashes after setting up my god with the "Nation not in play" message.

I am making sure to setup AI's and a human player and I am choosing the human player as mine.. No matter what I do it crashes though.. ive tried maybe about 50 times with different setups..

What could i be doing wrong?

DeadlyShoe January 8th, 2011 04:48 AM

We're talking about a Dominions crash, right? it should be impossible to mess up - it won't let you choose a nation that's not in, at least not in a singleplayer create-game.

did you copy the (name)_sr.map file from the SemiRandom Folder to the Maps folder?

first check the RanDom settings. Is Starts- Lock Player Counts to Nat Cfg checked? And, does the listed number of AI Players in the AI Gods tab actually match what you've chosen in the nation picker? In particular, if it shows 0 0 you need to restart RanDom. Finally make sure that the map name you're Randomizing is actually the map you want to Randomize.

Another quick check is to open the .map file in a text editor and scrol to the bottom. It should list the nationstarts - first the human starts, then the AI starts after a seperator.

If you're still having problems upload the .map file you're using and i'll take a look at it.

DakaSha January 8th, 2011 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah im doing all the basic stuff right as far as i can tell.
So here, as an example i picked the simplest thing: MA. Me as arco and 1 AI as ermor.. crashes.
All settings in semi random are correct as far as i can tell and both (and only) those players available to choose in nation select.
I chose arco as mine and ermor as the AI
Attached map file (renamed to doc so i didnt have to zip it)

edit: btw i AM able to choose ermor as my nation despite it being listed as AI only.. is this just not compatible with the newest version?

edit: wtf is it using an EA arco god? 0.o

DakaSha January 8th, 2011 07:03 AM

Speaking of compatibility is their any chance of a newer version that allows the new races?

kinda sucks to not be able to use all

DeadlyShoe January 9th, 2011 12:11 PM

According to the tag at the bottom of the map file you seem to be using an out of date version of RanDom, which probably explains why you can't choose newer races. :^)

Anyways, the map file looks fine except as you say the EA Arco god. That probably indicates you don't have all the newer God files installed either. Try deleting your RanDom folder and replacing it with this:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showp...&postcount=210

That should have all the GOD files and the uptodate RanDom.

Doo January 23rd, 2011 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm using the latest version and am having issues.

When I run the program for the map Cradle of Dominions (for 1 human player and 7 AI's) it says this at the end of the file:

-- Modified Independent Province Count: 176

When I run the program for the map Alexander_No_Sites (for 1 human and 2 AI's) it says this:

-- Modified Independent Province Count: 13

For some reason when I randomise the map Alexander it modifies significantly less provinces. Its a wrap-around map if this changes anything.

Does anyone have any idea's?

Ballbarian January 25th, 2011 09:40 PM

Alexander has many #start & #nostart locations defined. The #start locations negate that province and every province bordering it from modification.

Doo January 26th, 2011 12:27 AM

Cheers.

NTJedi January 27th, 2011 02:03 AM

I've never used the semi-random myself, however I'm updating a map where it was used and discovered three things which should be considered for removal within the semi-randomizer.

1) Remove #killfeatures: I found some provinces created with this command and I feel it's a bad idea for the following reasons:
A) Removes randomly generated magic sites, thus the game is more predictable.
B) Players who use this tool frequently will know exactly what magic sites exist within provinces and thus providing them an edge as compared to players which are less familiar with the provinces created.
2) 50+ units for one province should have a bag of wine. Too many units will sometimes cause a lack of supplies. I found several provinces where the province had many units which could cause starvation. Any province with more than 50 units should have a commander with a bag of wine... just to be safe, especially since events can drop more indepedents.

3) I found many provinces using the #xp command. I suggest a change is made where the tool will *randomly* provide 15 commanders with experience which ranges from 5 experience to 300 experience. This will allow the semi-randomizer to be more random and less predictable.

Gandalf Parker January 27th, 2011 10:31 AM

The things you point out are VERY true. However, they are not things about the program that can (or should) be fixed by the program.

Those are things that were used by the players who designed those province files that you have problems with. There is a tendency for people when they first start out designing provinces to want to force a image they have of that province.

More randoms are better and the SemiRand program does allow for more "semi" by allowing each province file to create sub-lists for its own design. As they progress, the people doing those files tend to do more things that make a province design more random. Provide a list of possible names for the province, a list of equipment to be randomly assigned, a list of magic sites which can be assigned to the province to fill out the 4 slots, or killing the sits there but providing a list of magic sites that fit the pattern to be selected from.

The problem is that we STILL dont have enough province designs to make SemiRand work the way it was meant to. And we have too many really REALLY special provinces. We need more filler designs. Not so deadly as to become an entire game itself to try and take it, but just a cute idea with a name to match, and guards to match, and magic sites that fit those as your reward.

Question October 6th, 2011 09:06 PM

What should i be putting for width and height? Im trying to create a random medium sized map...

Joelz October 7th, 2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Question (Post 785377)
What should i be putting for width and height? Im trying to create a random medium sized map...

I generate maps with 2000x2000 pixels myself. Things look pretty and it doesn't take too long to generate.

Never go over 5000 though. That takes forever.

Gandalf Parker October 7th, 2011 08:58 AM

Check the screen sizes of your monitor or various softwares. Those are good to go by for a map that looks good on the screen. For my maps I tend to use 1600x1200. But it also depends on how many provinces you are trying to put into it since too much crammed in causes the images to blur. I find that 150-250 provinces tend to meet most peoples needs.

Also the game will try to fit any map onto your screen but the Width/Heigth will affect the file size greatly. A 200 province map on a 4000x2000 map will be incredibly detailed and zoomable, but it will take forever to download if you are letting the server send the map to each user. On the other hand those same 200 provinces squeezed into a 800x600 map might be ugly and pixilated.

Question October 10th, 2011 10:00 AM

So if i am running at 1024x768, i should make a map of that size?

bluescreen1988 March 30th, 2012 08:42 AM

Im having trouble with getting the semiRandomizer to work. I click the Semi Randomizer button after making my map but it doesnt appear in the semirandom directory. I dont get any errors in the creation process and im using windows 7.

Ballbarian April 3rd, 2012 12:08 AM

Been a few years since I messed with this, so bear with me. :)
You might try doing a search (Start button / "Search programs and Files") for yourMapsName_SR.map

So, If you left the default map name as "AUTOMAP" then you would search for:
AUTOMAP_SR.map

Two things of note:
1. If you installed Dominions to your program files directory, windows may be dropping files in a user directory of it's own creation.
2. Windows 7 has a notoriously horrible search utility, so just because it doesn't find it, doesn't mean that it is not there.

Failing the above, you might try installing Dominions and RanDom to it's own folder in the root directory (C:) or the desktop, or wherever you are comfortable.

Hope that helps.

Gandalf Parker April 3rd, 2012 09:29 AM

Hi BB
Im getting some interest in starting a SemiRand for Illwinters new game CoE3

Ragnarok-X April 11th, 2012 11:13 AM

If i have a mod that adds custom sites enabled, will these be incorporated when i create a random map using this tool ?

Happyfungi April 12th, 2012 03:09 AM

The sites wont be part of the generated map file that semirandom makes. But, when you start the game your mods will kick in so yes they will be used when you play. The sites will show up in open lands, say around starting sites, and in semirandom lands that don't use #killfeatures or that don't use all 4 site slots. I may not be 100% right about this but I use several site mods and I see sites from them often, and I only play semirand maps when playing single player.

Gandalf Parker April 12th, 2012 07:36 AM

Also, you CAN create your own province files for RanDom to use if you wish. Then you could create maps that specifically use what you want used and how you want them used. You could even include such maps with a mod.

Or if you really want it, I can set up such a randomization to redo the map on a regular basis then zip it and make it available for download on my system like I do other maps.

majama May 1st, 2012 11:22 AM

This tool is fantastic, thank you Ballbarian.
I sometimes generating new worlds only for looking how suprise my closest provinces will be :)

But stil is part of options in Random map generator program which is unknown for me (normal mount? climate bands?)

majama May 1st, 2012 05:39 PM

Today i swiched game to CB 1.92 mod and after generating one new map i meet crashing game error hidden somewhere in semirandom additional map codes (after deleting them map working). Error message is: "addbodyguards:bad osq"
It was very big map, Modified Independent Province Count: 861 (maybe too many?)

Hully May 7th, 2012 06:01 AM

Hi All

Have a few questions about the Semi Randomize:

Lets say map size 350,20 AI,1 Human,3 AI in water. So I've picked races to include and the race I wish to play disabling the rest.

When I actually come to play this SR map and load it into the game, how do I remember ALL the settings, number of players, which races are included or not or even the difficulty levels and even which race I'm meant to be playing?

I'm sure there is a very simple answer to this other than writing it all down? Please anyone?

Thanks Hully

Hully May 7th, 2012 06:10 AM

Hi

Is it possible to add a customize race to an era for the Semi Randomizer?

Soyweiser May 9th, 2012 01:18 PM

I don't know if this program is still actively maintained.

Hully May 9th, 2012 02:49 PM

Neither do I, but the program generates some beautiful maps. The Semi Randomize bit doesn't seem to have enough God profiles or there are some other issues, as only some seem to be active.

The random maps are great though, if I have time I’ll take a look at the God Profile Editor thing see if I can’t add to the missing profiles.

Great Maps Though!