.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Invar ATGM makes MG noise when it hits (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52839)

Karagin March 3rd, 2022 12:16 AM

Invar ATGM makes MG noise when it hits

The Invar ATGM on the T-72BM makes MG sound when it hits a target and kills it.

DRG March 3rd, 2022 07:21 AM

Re: Invar ATGM makes MG noise when it hits

There are a dozen or more T-72BM's in the OOBs and about the same number of Invar in 14 different OOB's

WHICH ONE were you using ? In the test I ran both the Invar and invar-M did not make a MG sound then I set up a second test where everything was turned off but the Invars and they did but there is nothing in the weapons or unitweapons data that call for a sound like a MG

EDIT.. set up a test sceanrio and both the INVAR and INVAR -M I used.....which were the same units I used the first time from the Russian OOB...... ALL gave a normal explosion to the missles..... NO MG sound

Some weird once-in-a-while buglet. If you get one that is repeatable after a save, post it and we might be able to debug it

Karagin March 3rd, 2022 10:59 AM

Russian OOB 2022

DRG March 3rd, 2022 11:07 AM

That's the one I tested. The test scenario did it once but not the second or third time and I ran it and I tested from both the attacker and defenders POV, all subsequent tests the missile made a normal sound

Karagin March 3rd, 2022 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Turn 4 save, when I noticed the missile making the MG sounds after hit.

Mobhack March 3rd, 2022 11:39 AM

Is the missile to-hit animation messed up with at the same time as this is happening?. If so I suggest the same thing as with that - save and exit the game and restart, sometimes with a reboot of the computer if it persists.

The missile hit animation hiccup seems to be related to the intel integrated graphics, but I cannot for sure say it is so. It can happen in mid game, and if you proceed it can go away and then return - or it can be "stuck" - and an exit and restart usually fixes that. Then it can go away for weeks and suddenly return.

Since I never play with sound on I cannot for sure tie the problem to that, but I do have my suspicions!

Karagin March 3rd, 2022 01:53 PM

No, the animation is fine, the missile flies to target hits, and then the sound was/is the MG sound.

DRG March 3rd, 2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karagin (Post 851659)
Here is Turn 4 save, when I noticed the missile making the MG sounds after hit.

Who fired at what target?

DRG March 3rd, 2022 02:24 PM

I let the game run and everything sounded normal but I had that in my earlier tests too. Once in a blue moon it picks out the wrong sound and it seems to go away with a save and reload

Karagin March 3rd, 2022 10:17 PM

The Russians fired the Ukraine T64, it hit and the MG sound played, then I took a shot at a second target (same Russian tank) and the missile did the same thing when it hit.

It was odd and happened twice so I thought I would let you guys know.