.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Is revelation broken? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45496)

Ignus May 2nd, 2010 11:20 AM

Is revelation broken?

I've been trying to cast revelation and every time I do, it crashes the game. Is it just me, or is it just broken?

Edi May 2nd, 2010 11:24 AM

Re: Is revelation broken?

That spell is not in the vanilla game that I can recall. It's probably been added by some mod and I have no idea what it's even supposed to do.

Ignus May 2nd, 2010 11:27 AM

That would make sense. It must come with Mytheology as it's the only mod I have.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake ;)

Gregstrom May 2nd, 2010 12:09 PM

Also, Revelation is a Holy ritual spell and those have made the game crash for the last few patches.

Globu May 2nd, 2010 01:54 PM

I use it without problems (I don't use Mytheology, but I copy-pasted it into another .dm file). Heed the warning in the spell description -- do *not* monthly auto-cast it. Only use the SHIFT-C cast command with it.

Soyweiser May 2nd, 2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Globu (Post 743275)
I use it without problems (I don't use Mytheology, but I copy-pasted it into another .dm file). Heed the warning in the spell description -- do *not* monthly auto-cast it. Only use the SHIFT-C cast command with it.

Wierd, have you been using the most recent patch?

Globu May 2nd, 2010 03:02 PM

I have.

The comments in that section of the Mytheology file talk about the problem being not with rituals in themselves, but with auto-casting them. I don't know how true that is generally, and I don't know about other holy magic rituals, but I do use Revelation extensively without the slightest hitch. (Though I've learned to be very careful not to accidentally Shift-M monthly cast it!)

The only change I've made to the entry is to change "#pathlevel 0 2" to #pathlevel 0 1", though I can't even remember why I did it (I never had problems with crashing, though, except with the aforementioned monthly casting). I don't know if it makes any difference, but I thought I'd note that.

Soyweiser May 2nd, 2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Globu (Post 743283)
I have.

The comments in that section of the Mytheology file talk about the problem being not with rituals in themselves, but with auto-casting them. I don't know how true that is generally, and I don't know about other holy magic rituals, but I do use Revelation extensively without the slightest hitch. (Though I've learned to be very careful not to accidentally Shift-M monthly cast it!)

The only change I've made to the entry is to change "#pathlevel 0 2" to #pathlevel 0 1", though I can't even remember why I did it (I never had problems with crashing, though, except with the aforementioned monthly casting). I don't know if it makes any difference, but I thought I'd note that.

Wierd, It crashes a lot on my end. Have you ever found something with it?

Is this also the version you are using?

-- Special nods to Jack_Trowell in the Schrapnel Forums for suggesting this one.
#newspell
#copyspell 425
#name "Revelation"
#descr "Through deep prayer and meditation, the presence of holy sites in a province become revealed to the priest or prophet. (DO NOT auto-cast 'M' this ritual!)."
--school 5
#researchlevel 0
#path 0 8
#pathlevel 0 2
#damage 8
#fatiguecost 90
--spec 276824064
-- 13156352 -- blessing spec
#spec 289980416
#end

Globu May 2nd, 2010 04:17 PM

I think the problem is that you cleaned up the code, when one or more of those #'s shouldn't be removed (I don't think the --'s ahead of the #'s make any difference?). Here's what I have.

Code:

-- Special nods to Jack_Trowell in the Schrapnel Forums for suggesting this one.
#newspell
#copyspell 425
#name "Revelation"
#descr "Through divination, the presence of holy sites in a province become revealed to the priest or prophet.  (DO NOT auto-cast 'M' this ritual!)."
--#school 5
#researchlevel 0
#path 0 8
#pathlevel 0 1
#damage 8
#fatiguecost 90
--#spec 276824064
-- 13156352 -- blessing spec
#spec 289980416
#end

Works like a charm.

Soyweiser May 2nd, 2010 04:57 PM