.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SE:V History v1.52 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36002)

Captain Kwok September 7th, 2007 06:25 PM

SE:V History v1.52

Greetings.

The latest beta version history. The hard-coded limit for 1 SY per planet is officially dead - modders are rejoicing everywhere!

---

Version 1.52:
1. Fixed - Restored maintenance calculation and SocietyTypes.txt values.
2. Added - Formula function "get_queue_ability_facility_count".
3. Added - Formula function "get_queue_specific_facility_count".
4. Added - Formula function "get_system_queues_ability_facility_count".
5. Added - Formula function "get_system_queues_specific_facility_count".
6. Removed - The hard coded requirement for only one space yard per planet.
7. Added - The requirement for only one space yard per planet to the facility requirements.
8. Fixed - Rare Index Error when a planet took too much damage.
9. Fixed - Units in cargo were not regenerating their shields each game turn.
10. Fixed - Sometimes units that took part in space combat would be off the map in ground combat.
11. Fixed - Create Planet was not working in the French and German versions.
12. Fixed - AI's were not responding to messages in the French and German versions.
13. Fixed - Empire List had overlapping text in the French and German versions.
14. Fixed - Simultaneous Turn Hot Seat games will no longer reload the graphics and data files each turn.
15. Fixed - A player in a simultaneous game will not be able to load their turn if their data files are different in any way.
16. Fixed - The data file check upon player load was missing some files.

Phoenix-D September 7th, 2007 06:47 PM

Re: SE:V History v1.52

It only took 7 years, but long live dead restrictions!

Raapys September 7th, 2007 06:57 PM

Much modder love in this patch. Looks great.

Ed Kolis September 7th, 2007 07:27 PM

I am a bit troubled at #15 though - will this mean that since PBW crashes when the music is turned on, nobody will get to listen to the game music??? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

narf poit chez BOOM September 7th, 2007 07:58 PM

#14 - Should speed up turn generation.

Raapys September 7th, 2007 08:06 PM

Huh EdKolis? I believe it only means that you wont be able to load a simultaneous mode game if you update the game/mod or otherwise change your data files. So if you start a simultaneous mode game with, say, the Balance Mod 1.09, then you'll have to play it to the finish with that Balance Mod version. But then that would mean it would be impossible to patch on-going PBW games. Hmm. I don't know. Will probably be fine as long as the host updates first.

Ed Kolis September 7th, 2007 08:24 PM

Well, yeah, but suppose the host has some setting (like the music, or the hex grid color, or something "trivial" like that) different from the players - he would then be forcing his setting onto the players, because without changing their settings to match they would be unable to play. And since PBW seems to crash when the music is turned on, and the PBW server is the host for all PBW games...

Raapys September 7th, 2007 08:33 PM

Yeah that's what I thought you meant. Hmm, there is that possibility I suppose. Let's hope that file isn't included in that check. I can't see it doing any danger to let clients have different settings.txt files, since all the game-impacting settings, like SpaceYard Rate modifier, militia troops and such, are only needed to be read at the creation of new games and at turn processing, and both those things are done with the host.

BlueTemplar September 7th, 2007 09:18 PM

And looks like you won't be able to play stock multiplayer games if you've changed the music list!

Spectarofdeath September 7th, 2007 09:47 PM

6. Removed - The hard coded requirement for only one space yard per planet

Does this mean more than one sy per planet now then? And if so, does it mean the build rate is added to the amount per turn or more that one ship is built per planet?