.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   immortal gods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48919)

parone June 20th, 2012 06:49 PM

immortal gods

when they die withing dominion and come back, do they lose magic paths?

when they die outside dominion and are summoned(call god) do they then lost magic paths?

how long does in take for immortals to get rid of afflictions?

anybody have any luck with the "immortal pretender" strat?

Admiral_Aorta June 20th, 2012 07:13 PM

Re: immortal gods

Units that come back with immortality don't lose magic paths. Immortal pretenders that die for real and are called back lose paths like a non immortal god would. Not sure how long it takes for immortals to recover afllictions, but I think there's a greater chnace of it happening when they come back to life.

Shardphoenix June 21st, 2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

anybody have any luck with the "immortal pretender" strat?
Master lich is OK as almost-rainbow with high domscore. Phoenix is pure fun with his built-in Phoenix pyre.

Micah June 21st, 2012 03:12 PM

It's not really a question of "how long" for affliction recovery since it's not a static number.

If I recall properly there is a priority order for afflictions, and each has a certain percentage chance of being healed when you have a successful healing attempt. If the first affliction on your list doesn't heal the next one on the list will get a check, and so on down the list until you run out of afflictions to check or you have something heal successfully.

I believe immortals have a 100% heal chance each turn, but stuff like arco priestesses and fairy queens have a lesser shot at it, which then only gets you a CHANCE to try to heal your affliction. IIRC Never-healing wound only has a 10% chance to be healed by a successful healing attempt (It's the lowest chance wound), so if you have a 20-skill healer you only really have a 2% chance each turn for it to be healed successfully if it's your last affliction.

Hope that helps.

JonBrave June 21st, 2012 04:11 PM

I was under the impression that my Arco healers (and others) had never healed any "never healing wounds", and that "never healing" implied "never healable" too --- but perhaps your percentages explain.

Also, as I understand it, if an affliction arises as a result of Old Age, it is unhealable (possibly Chalice aside).

Immaculate June 21st, 2012 04:53 PM

Chalice and gift of health get around old-age and undead status.

Samhain June 21st, 2012 07:13 PM

Sort of back on topic, I know that empowered magic paths on immortal non-pretender commanders are lost when they die. I strongly suspect the same is true of immortal commanders. But, I don't recall ever being in that situation.

parone June 21st, 2012 08:09 PM

thanks guys. i do know(from very little testing) that immortals do NOT automatically heal afflictions. if i get some time to mess around with it and find anything out, i'll let you know.

thanks again for all the help!

HoleyDooley June 21st, 2012 08:29 PM

Parone, immortality gets you a "free" check each turn to heal afflictions, but the actually affliction must pass its heal check to be removed iirc.

parone June 22nd, 2012 05:22 AM

all this is good to know. i wish i had known it BEFORE i designed my dude! perhaps i should be spending more than 4 minutes on pretender design?