.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   GUI Question (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48706)

jimkehn April 22nd, 2012 01:12 PM

GUI Question

A long time player of D3 but a recent returnee (if thats a word lol) I know there is a way to resize the commander icon boxes on the left side of the strategic screen. Mine are way too big once I get a bunch of mages etc in a province. Plz help me remember how to make those icon boxes smaller.

Vishniac April 22nd, 2012 02:03 PM

Re: GUI Question

You can resize the commander boxes with ">" or "<"

jimkehn April 22nd, 2012 02:27 PM

thank you so much.

jimkehn April 22nd, 2012 03:14 PM

OK....one more....if u are going to repeat a ritual spell such as conjuring vine men or magic site searches...how do u make them recurring so u dont have to do it every time??? I have forgotten that one as well.

Immaculate April 22nd, 2012 03:18 PM

push 'm'. all these commands can be seen if you push the '?' button.

jimkehn April 22nd, 2012 04:34 PM

Oh ok...on the keyboard...sheesh....so blond here

JonBrave April 29th, 2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immaculate (Post 802427)
push 'm'. all these commands can be seen if you push the '?' button.

It's Shift-M (uppercase) for Monthly Ritual (lowercase m is read messages). And, no, there isn't any key for Forge Monthly, unfortunately....

Gandalf Parker April 29th, 2012 08:09 AM

Altho like many games you can fake something like "forge monthly" by using a 3rd party to record keystrokes and assign them to a keypress like Ctrl-M. Any game that will make room for a 3rd party software to run at the same time eventually does it. Usually online worlds to allow "farming" a skill.

jimkehn May 1st, 2012 08:14 PM

Also it seems there was a simple way to copy battle commands and past them to other commanders for like minded mages and priests to cast the same sequence of spells...am I remembering that right?

Vanguard X May 1st, 2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimkehn (Post 803287)
Also it seems there was a simple way to copy battle commands and past them to other commanders for like minded mages and priests to cast the same sequence of spells...am I remembering that right?

ctl. + number keys 1-9 while hovering your cursor over a command list copies the commands. Press number 1-9 to paste the copied commands onto another command line, while hovering your cursor over the command line.

You can also set up a template of orders, and battlefield placement or regular troops too. Troops remember their orders, and field placement when you move them to a different commander, but only if you drop them directly onto the commander icon. If you just mix them in with other troops, they forget their old orders, and use the orders, and placement of the squad they are joining instead.

So you can set up 1 commander, with 5 squads of 1 troop in each squad, set up with your orders, and placement. Then add new units into these squads so that they "learn" the orders for that squad. Then move the "learned" troops to a 2nd commander, (dropping the troops on his icon) and your orders, and field position will be carried with them to the 2nd commander. Leave 1 troop behind in the 1st squad, so your orders will still be set up for the next batch of new troops to repeat the process later if needed.