.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   TO&Es (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   SA-10a Favorit (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47368)

drez May 3rd, 2011 06:39 PM

SA-10a Favorit

Playing Yugoslavia against my opponent (Germany) in a 2011 battle and have noticed a couple of errors with the Yugoslav forces. First the Yugoslav Alpine MMG uses a normal infantry squad sprite. Second the Yugoslav Mech Inf Company supplies the attached mortars with an IFV incapable of transporting them and now the most annoying is the SA-10a Favorit SAM system which is the best SAM system available to Yugoslavia does not function! I dunno what to do to get this unit to fire. It does not fire against drones and now my opponent confirmed it does not fire against helicopters. So I ran a little experiment battle and sure enough I cannot manually nor does it automatically shoot at anything. Also when it moves it sounds like foot infantry so it just must be a broken unit in the Yugoslav OOB.

Please fix or do somfink!!!

drez

PS Thank you shrapnel for the great game!!

Mobhack May 3rd, 2011 09:12 PM

Re: SA-10a Favorit

Quote:

Originally Posted by drez (Post 776670)
Playing Yugoslavia against my opponent (Germany) in a 2011 battle and have noticed a couple of errors with the Yugoslav forces. First the Yugoslav Alpine MMG uses a normal infantry squad sprite. Second the Yugoslav Mech Inf Company supplies the attached mortars with an IFV incapable of transporting them and now the most annoying is the SA-10a Favorit SAM system which is the best SAM system available to Yugoslavia does not function! I dunno what to do to get this unit to fire. It does not fire against drones and now my opponent confirmed it does not fire against helicopters. So I ran a little experiment battle and sure enough I cannot manually nor does it automatically shoot at anything. Also when it moves it sounds like foot infantry so it just must be a broken unit in the Yugoslav OOB.

Please fix or do somfink!!!

drez

PS Thank you shrapnel for the great game!!

1) Drones - see Game Guide -> Release History -> Bullet No. 15 of the latest (5.5) release. (That information also forms part of the read-me of the patch installation, and is printed in the post announcing it at the top of the main forum).

2) Favorite is an area SAM - thus it will have a very long minimum range and hence be unlikely to engage on-map air (helos etc) unless you have a very large map, perhaps. It's job is shooting at approaching off-map fixed-wing air.

For 1 (and 2) - Use smaller WH sized SAMS (e.g around SA-8/rapier and below, MANPADS) and esp. radar guided AAA.

(I personally prefer radar-directed AAA planted on a dominating hilltop for annoying helos - usually about 6 guaranteed shots and (with a skilled crew) a possibility of generating more when op-firing if they make the skill throw required. It makes moving the things a pain for an opponent, and if an SP system, it can scoot before the counter-battery fires arrive. I do so love the soviet towed 57mm radar AAA for its long range, but you have to play a "shell game" with them, carried by some sort of armoured carrier in the MT-LB category esp versus a human. So as far as I am concerned the (stationary in overwatch) ZSU-23-4 is the best thing since sliced bread vs. anything that flies too close to my toys :D).

Cheers
Andy

drez May 4th, 2011 09:22 AM

OK! Thank you for the considerate reply and the tips! My opponent and I decided to restart our battle, I will be sure to take into serious consideration your experienced knowledge ;)

PS I didn't realize the proper forum for this sort of post, so sorry for the slight repost!

drez

DRG May 4th, 2011 10:28 AM

The ONLY thing wrong with that unit in that OOB is it's movement class is set to default instead of A/T wheeled which is why you get the marching sound when it moves. That weapon has a 150 hex MINIMUM range ( 7.5 km ) it is not intended to be used against drones and Helicopters

Don