.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Dominions II Bug Thread (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=16593)

Taqwus November 9th, 2003 06:00 AM

Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

Minor bit of silliness: It looks a bit odd to have more than 100% resistance to an elemental attack form.

Are you now supposed to be able to recruit troops while under siege? I don't recall this being allowed in the first game, but it seems you can now.

The description for the Prince of Death calls him a demon prince, but he's tagged undead instead of demon.

If dragon scale mails have been downgraded to only provide single-element "partial" protection, as the game text suggests, will they still be "very powerful magic items"? Maybe if prot jumps, or defence and encumberance penalties go to 0.

Nagot Gick Fel November 9th, 2003 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Taqwus:
The description for the Prince of Death calls him a demon prince, but he's tagged undead instead of demon.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Being both would make sense IMO.

Chris Byler November 9th, 2003 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Taqwus:
Minor bit of silliness: It looks a bit odd to have more than 100% resistance to an elemental attack form.

Are you now supposed to be able to recruit troops while under siege? I don't recall this being allowed in the first game, but it seems you can now.

If dragon scale mails have been downgraded to only provide single-element "partial" protection, as the game text suggests, will they still be "very powerful magic items"? Maybe if prot jumps, or defence and encumberance penalties go to 0.

<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Also, if the elemental hauberk stays at 100% resistance to fire, cold and lightning, it should definitely go to level 6 (or even 8). On the other hand, I would prefer to see it stay level 4 but drop to 50% fire, cold and lightining resistance. I don't think any non-artifact should confer 100% resistance to more than one element (and even one 100% should be pretty rare).

Saber Cherry November 12th, 2003 01:08 AM

My Slayer was set to retreat by accident, and ran away while attempting to assassinate a commander. Are assassins supposed to retreat from assassination attempts if set to "retreat"? If so, that should be changed, because they die immediately... thus there is no situation where such behavior is desirable. Neither side should retreat no matter what their orders are.

Kristoffer O November 12th, 2003 08:14 PM

Noone is supposed to retreat in an assassination, the assassin least of all.

Kaljamaha November 13th, 2003 04:24 PM

Here's one I couldn't find mentioned before:

The resource counter for provinces, when recruiting troops, doesn't take into account resources already commited to a unit on previous turns. For example:

I was playing with Blood of Humans Abysia. My province had 96 resources. I was recruiting light infantry that cost 12 resources. I started recruinting with no units on the queue, and ended up with -1 resources (also recruited a commander that turn), one resource short of the Last infantry. Ok, fine. Next turn, however, the counter listed available resources as 84, with only the one light infantry from the previous turn in the queue. I should have shown 95, since 11 of those resources had already been "paid for".

Anyway, I put seven light infantry on the queue until the resources showed a flat zero. I calculated that I still should have 11 resources left, so I put another 11 resouce light infantry on the queue. The counter showed -11 resources. Lo and behold! All of the units were built next turn.

I guess this is a minor issue, but it would be nice to see the real situation, as it allows you to really optimize your production by squeezing a few more cheap units into a turn.

K.

PhilD November 13th, 2003 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kaljamaha:
Here's one I couldn't find mentioned before:

The resource counter for provinces, when recruiting troops, doesn't take into account resources already commited to a unit on previous turns.

<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">On a similar note, when you try building a high-resource unit in a low-resource Province (like a Knight in a Prov with, say, 5 resource), the unit will get built over time, but turn after turn it doesn't show any progress - until the unit is built.

Basically, it's the same problem - the resources are actually used, but the counter doesn't update.

Saber Cherry November 13th, 2003 10:20 PM

I was blood-slaving, and had my slavers set to retreat in combat. The province was invaded, and some commanders retreated, but some did not, but I won the fight.

This led to 2 effects. First, some of the blood slaves rushed into combat. Second, after the battle, my casualties were listed as -3. Third, after battle, I had 6 blood slaves in the garrison. They are now bloodslave units... I cannot put them into a gembox anymore, but I can assign them to commanders. Unfortunately, they are essentially worthless (despite their 50 morale), and they take up supply.

-Cherry

licker November 13th, 2003 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Saber Cherry:
I was blood-slaving, and had my slavers set to retreat in combat. The province was invaded, and some commanders retreated, but some did not, but I won the fight.

This led to 2 effects. First, some of the blood slaves rushed into combat. Second, after the battle, my casualties were listed as -3. Third, after battle, I had 6 blood slaves in the garrison. They are now bloodslave units... I cannot put them into a gembox anymore, but I can assign them to commanders. Unfortunately, they are essentially worthless (despite their 50 morale), and they take up supply.

-Cherry

<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">I had the same thing happen, had a combat where the BSes rushed the enemy (and died) combat loses of -8, then I had a few of the slaves sitting around doing nothing...

I did try to use them in a new combat, but the mage couldn't use the BS for anything other than a meat shield I suppose.

Saber Cherry November 13th, 2003 11:36 PM

It might be fun to Gift of Reason one of them, empower her in Blood, and turn her into a renegade ex-bloodslave slave-gatherer...=)