.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Dominions II Bug Thread (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=16593)

NTJedi October 29th, 2003 03:19 PM

Dominions II Bug Thread

This topic is to list Game Bugs which have been found.
I've only played the demo but I came across two game bugs which were upsetting to see.

1) I had an undead spellcaster which was traveling with an undead army cast -Summon Lammana-. This costed death gems and two of these creatures appeared with my undead army as I expected to see. Then the undead army started attacking them and they started attacking my undead army!! Needless to say my opponent had almost won the battle before even reaching me.

2) This only happened once but was also very upsetting. I had two armies marching to attack an enemy army which I had completely surrounded. Next turn began and only ONE of them was in the battle my other army VANISHED. Both armies were mine and not mercenaries.

(Saber Cherry... it wasn't stealth as I said earlier the other army VANISHED.)

[ March 24, 2004, 04:33: Message edited by: Zen ]

apoger October 29th, 2003 03:25 PM

Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

1- Lammthastas are a dangerous gamble. Was the same way in Dom I. Try only sending in death mages and having all cast it. Your mages die, but the remaining force of demon women can often do tremendous damage.

2- Was one army stealthy? That's the basic 'Doh!' way to get the missing army effect.

Saber Cherry October 29th, 2003 07:04 PM

2) Stealth

Specifically, hold down <Ctrl> while clicking on the province you want to move to. That forces "move", while by default, stealthy units will "sneak" and not fight.

[ October 29, 2003, 17:25: Message edited by: Saber Cherry ]

Nagot Gick Fel October 29th, 2003 11:00 PM

Wasteland Survival: unlike 'Forest Survival', does not seem to give movement bonuses, only extra supplies. The Moloch has it. But he also has the 'Need not Eat' ability - so what is WS good for for him?

Nagot Gick Fel October 29th, 2003 11:14 PM

What is the Mountain Citadel good for? The Dark Citadel has exactly the same stats, except twice the admin, and is cheaper and faster to build.

Saber Cherry October 29th, 2003 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nagot Gick Fel:
What is the Mountain Citadel good for? The Dark Citadel has exactly the same stats, except twice the admin, and is cheaper and faster to build.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">I hear it is harder to storm by a besieging army. Not that that makes it worthwhile http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

[ October 29, 2003, 21:27: Message edited by: Saber Cherry ]

Nagot Gick Fel October 30th, 2003 12:00 AM

Just started a test game, picked drain, order and production at 3 each, in the initial turn my capital province showed the relevant icons and numbers, but in turn 2 order and production reverted to zero. Started a new game with the same nation, and it happened again. Not to mention the loss in income. How can this be?

Saber Cherry October 30th, 2003 12:08 AM

What was your dominion strength? Did it go negative (red)? That sounds very strange.

licker October 30th, 2003 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Saber Cherry:
What was your dominion strength? Did it go negative (red)? That sounds very strange.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Do you have to have a dominion of 3 or higher to get the scales to move to 3? I vaguly remember something about this somewhere... If it is the case then your scales should start at 1 and move up as you increase your dominion.

Dunno if that's right though...

Nagot Gick Fel October 30th, 2003 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Saber Cherry:
What was your dominion strength?
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">4.

Quote:

Did it go negative (red)?
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Nope. Only 1 candle, but it was mine.

Quote:

That sounds very strange.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Indeed.

[ October 29, 2003, 22:20: Message edited by: Nagot Gick Fel ]