.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Villers Bocage 1944? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51057)

Blackcloud6 December 11th, 2015 12:29 PM

Villers Bocage 1944?

Is there a scenario of this action?

Oche December 11th, 2015 02:08 PM

Re: Villers Bocage 1944?

Scenario #53 on the scenario list.

Blackcloud6 December 11th, 2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oche (Post 832300)
Scenario #53 on the scenario list.

OK, thanks. I looked this morning but must have passed it right by.

DRG December 11th, 2015 05:07 PM

It's no cakewalk either..............it's one of my personal favorites

Next patch we are adding a new function to scenhack that will allow scenarios to be found by name or year or P1 or P2 or date or battle type and then the list can be printed out

Blackcloud6 December 11th, 2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 832305)

Next patch we are adding a new function to scenhack that will allow scenarios to be found by name or year or P1 or P2 or date or battle type and then the list can be printed out

That will be handy.

jivemi December 12th, 2015 01:42 AM

Well shucks, had another go this morning. Was doing fine for 6 or 7 turns until, getting a little too cute snooping around Hill 213 from the rear, Wittman's D0 tank got brewed up by a Cromwell VII or Firefly. Time to hit the red arrow again!

While I've scored a couple marginals in maybe 10 tries the aphrodisiac of DV yet eludes me. It's a tough one.

Griefbringer December 12th, 2015 04:34 AM

It is certainly an interesting scenario. I have played it through at least once, not sure how well I scored in the end.

Certain caution is certainly to be recommended, since the terrain is quite close and there can be an enemy tank lying in ambush behind any corner. Don't count too much on that Tiger I armour at such close ranges.

Using the scouts to check ahead can be a good idea, though they may end up in trouble if they ran into enemy infantry at close range. Once the reinforcements start popping up, you will have plenty more infantry to screen the advance.

Keep in mind that the scenario lasts for 50 turns, so there is no major need to rush things in the first rounds.

jivemi December 12th, 2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griefbringer (Post 832314)
It is certainly an interesting scenario. I have played it through at least once, not sure how well I scored in the end.

Certain caution is certainly to be recommended, since the terrain is quite close and there can be an enemy tank lying in ambush behind any corner. Don't count too much on that Tiger I armour at such close ranges.

Using the scouts to check ahead can be a good idea, though they may end up in trouble if they ran into enemy infantry at close range. Once the reinforcements start popping up, you will have plenty more infantry to screen the advance.

Keep in mind that the scenario lasts for 50 turns, so there is no major need to rush things in the first rounds.

Sound advice indeed. An aggressive approach is likely to end in disappointment, if not abject humiliation.:sick:

DRG December 12th, 2015 10:14 AM

If you try to use Wittmann "historically" ( or the wartime German version of it ) he won't last long. He was very, very lucky to have made it to Aug 8

DRG December 12th, 2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 (Post 832306)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 832305)

That will be handy.

between the two games the number of scenarios is getting so high I can't keep track of them any longer so I understand how hard it is to find things. The addition to Scenhack makes finding what you are looking for a snap