.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Conceptual Balance Mod 1.41 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42022)

quantum_mechani January 20th, 2009 02:37 AM

Conceptual Balance Mod 1.41

1 Attachment(s)
This more or less simply version 1.4 with some minor bug and typo fixes. Feel free to use either 1.4 thread for suggestion/comment purposes.

Edit: zip replaced by llamabeast on 29th March with permission from QM, making changes to
(a) Make compatible with llamaserver, and
(b) Fix blindlord bug

quantum_mechani January 20th, 2009 02:38 AM

Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.4

1 Attachment(s)
Split version.

Horst F. JENS January 20th, 2009 04:12 AM

Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.41

there is no bigger joy on dom3 than playing with a fresh, new, shiny Conceptual Balance Mod :)

Tifone January 20th, 2009 06:24 AM

tnxqm!!

LumenPlacidum January 20th, 2009 11:46 AM

What's the difference between the normal one and the split one?

Redeyes January 20th, 2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LumenPlacidum (Post 668459)
What's the difference between the normal one and the split one?

The split version is if you only want certain elements of the CBM choosing from modified pretenders, items, spells, nations or scales

chrispedersen January 20th, 2009 05:16 PM

QM -- as I recall, there were some nations that were not yet kitted out with full hero compliment.

Not that I want to give ashdod, and company a boost.
But do you know the status of nations missing?

Redeyes January 20th, 2009 08:33 PM

Ashdod has three "Son of Anak" heroes, the three ancestors to the Ahiman, Sheshai & Talmai clans.
Hinnom has 6 "Son of [Grigori]" Nephilim multiheroes who have 4 in a main path and 3 in blood, besides otherwise being SC material.

I don't know about Gath, don't they have any heroes?

llamabeast January 21st, 2009 08:44 AM

The LlamaServer isn't able to start games with CBM 1.41, as given. It turns out that the problem is with the spells Bind Spine Devils and Bind Serpent Fiends. It throws the error:

Loading spells: CBcomplete_1.41.dm
name2spell Bind Spine Devil
N�got gick fel!
name2spell: no such spell!!
N�got gick fel!
name2spell: no such spell!!

I think the reason is that the spells change their own name. Maybe for some reason it reads the mod twice, and the second time can't cope. Anyway, I've fixed it. Instead of changing the spells, it seems you have to copy them, change the copies and simply make the original spells unresearchable. I've changed the copy on the LlamaServer and I think perhaps it won't matter for client machines, but if you could use the modified code in the next version that'd be great.

Here's my fixed version:

--
#newspell
#copyspell "Bind Spine Devil"
#name "Bind Spine Devils"
#fatiguecost 800
#nreff 3
#descr "The caster sacrifices several blood slaves to contact and bind three Spine Devils. Spine Devils are spine covered, wingless demons that fight with t\
wo venomous claws. The spines covering their bodies are poisonous and anyone attacking them with short weapons may get poisoned."
#end

#selectspell "Bind Spine Devil"
#school -1
#end

#newspell
#copyspell "Bind Serpent Fiend"
#name "Bind Serpent Fiends"
#nreff 2
#descr "The caster sacrifices several blood slaves to contact and bind two Serpent Fiends. Serpent Fiends are bat-winged, serpent-like demons summoned from \
the Abyss. Their bite is highly venomous."
#end

#selectspell "Bind Serpent Fiend"
#school -1
#end
--

Also, what were your thoughts on including Endo's Mark of the Champion mod in the next version of CBM?

Thanks for all your work QM!

Juffos January 21st, 2009 08:53 AM

Late Age Agartha has Blindlords with Air 8.

Dunno whether this is intentional or not.