.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Nature magic bonus to regeneration? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40667)

iRFNA September 27th, 2008 07:10 PM

Nature magic bonus to regeneration?

It says that nature magic boosts the natural regen of a unit. Does this work for spells or items? How much of a boost does it provide?

JaghataiKhan September 27th, 2008 07:18 PM

Re: Nature magic bonus to regeneration?

If your God has more than 3 Nature magic levels INITIALLY, your sacred units may be blessed for regeneration.

I think Nature wielders also have a longer lifespan and are very healthy. They also create food, a very lovely skill.

JimMorrison September 27th, 2008 07:20 PM

Nature mages will receive an increase of 1HP/turn/Nature level. So if you have a mage with 1N and 10HP cast Personal Regen, they should get 2HP/turn rather than 1HP/turn.

Oddly, this actually has no effect whatsoever on "natural" regen, as can be seen with the Wyrm pretender. His base regen does not change if he has no nature, or N10. However, if you then cast a regen spell, or carry a regen item, he will gain the boost to that effect.

iRFNA September 27th, 2008 07:32 PM

Ok, one more question. Does that bonus you described stack along with the stacked regen spells? So if I have personal regen and a regen ring with 1 nature level, will it increase both regens by 1 hp/turn?

HoneyBadger September 27th, 2008 08:10 PM

The Wyrm regeneration problem, I believe, has been classified as a bug, so eventually it may be corrected.

Crevan September 28th, 2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRFNA (Post 641098)
Ok, one more question. Does that bonus you described stack along with the stacked regen spells? So if I have personal regen and a regen ring with 1 nature level, will it increase both regens by 1 hp/turn?

Regen counts only from basic level, another bonuses (spells, items and other) do not count. It works with all boosts, spells and artefacts. So you must calculate like that:
basic+artefact+spell+bless
Not so: ((basic+artefact+spell)*bless
Think - if bless would work as you asking, it`ll be real cheat: can`t kill with single strike = can`t kill, all HPs regenerate back and affliction cures in 2-3 turns

Endoperez September 28th, 2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crevan (Post 641142)
Think - if bless would work as you asking, it`ll be real cheat: can`t kill with single strike = can`t kill, all HPs regenerate back and affliction cures in 2-3 turns

The Water Queens with 100% regen aren't that good, really. Certainly not unkillable.

And regeneration doesn't heal afflictions. There's another ability for that, that e.g. Pangaean units have, but it's not connected to regeneration and there aren't any items that give it.

JaghataiKhan September 28th, 2008 05:49 AM

Actually, regeneration and recuperation should be interlinked. If someone can supernaturally close wounds, a Chest wound,limp, cannot stay indefinitely in his body. So only lost limbs or feeblemind(lobotomy by blow) should stay that way, they rip off parts that need to take more than regeneration to grow.

Crevan September 28th, 2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endoperez (Post 641166)
And regeneration doesn't heal afflictions. There's another ability for that, that e.g. Pangaean units have, but it's not connected to regeneration and there aren't any items that give it.

Are you sure? I use regeneration artefacts for my titans from Tartaran Gate - as you know, there`s a chance to summon very powerful hero instead of monster. But all summoned titans have very serious afflictions - limp, blind or feebleminded. Dressed in "full regeneraion set" (hydra skin + ring + Ivy crown), they regenerate all affliction for 10-12 turns
If regeneration works like recuperation in "world" play, why it can`t work so in combat?

Aezeal September 28th, 2008 06:55 AM

Crevan is correct I think, all units with regeneration also have a certain revuperation effect.