.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Windows 11 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52776)

DRG September 18th, 2021 11:27 AM

Windows 11

An FYI I just received from Shrapnel Games.

Quote:

As you may or may not know, Windows 11 will be introduced on October 5. Anyone who has researched this should know that many vendors will not be supporting Windows 11 for several months and I think it is smart for the average computer user to not immediately convert over. A 3 month wait seems reasonable as Microsoft always has trouble with initial releases. However, if you are on the download service for updates, the new version will probably be installed automatically. Maybe a post in the forums would help. Just a service for our users to let them know what is what.

Again.... just FYI

Imp September 18th, 2021 07:41 PM

Re: Windows 11

Thanks wonder just how much extra space it will require to run this time.

Mobhack September 18th, 2021 08:16 PM

I'll just pass on the "opportunity" to "upgrade" for free for as long as possible, like with windows 10 before it.

Best to let the "eager beavers" download it when all new and shiny and find out about the problems it'll bring!

WilliamB October 9th, 2021 08:00 PM

Has anyone tried running the game on Windows 11 yet? I need to get a new laptop in the next month or so and I would like to know if it will work.

Karagin October 9th, 2021 08:22 PM

Haven't seen any updates to Win11 come across the computer yet myself.

DRG October 10th, 2021 11:02 AM

I just discovered my computer does not have two required prerequisites so I'll be sticking win win10 for awile

Imp October 12th, 2021 07:56 PM

I am guessing lucky you.

DRG October 12th, 2021 09:29 PM

I am interested in the reputed ability to run android apps.....someday (maybe.......).
I don't own a "smart phone" because I don't need or want one but there are apps that only run things from a phone and the ability to run the app from the PC is intriguing but I will wait until both are proven to work properly

Karagin October 13th, 2021 09:01 PM

I too found out my computer isn't set up for Win11, I was having issues with an app on the damn machine and was checking why it was not working right and checked the updates and found a BIG red warning. Had to laugh given all the issues I have at getting that big update to Win10 last year or the year before.

Imp October 14th, 2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 851055)
I am interested in the reputed ability to run android apps.....someday (maybe.......).
I don't own a "smart phone" because I don't need or want one but there are apps that only run things from a phone and the ability to run the app from the PC is intriguing but I will wait until both are proven to work properly

Not at my computer away for a few weeks so seen no update notifications. The windows update may just allow you to play the apps on your phone so in your case pointless.

https://au.pcmag.com/blackberry-apps...pps-on-your-pc
Try the above I used Bluestacks and it worked perfectly. Not saying it’s the best option it was just the one I tried.

DRG October 15th, 2021 09:42 AM

Interesting.... that article states.......

Quote:

Microsoft is working on expanding this feature even further, with the ability to pin Android apps on your taskbar and launch them individually, as long as your phone and computer are connected.
Which defeats the purpose I had hoped to use it for so I may give one of these a try. We recently bought a "smart" washer/dryer pair that has features only accessible using a phone.....albeit ones we would rarely need to use plus our thermostat has features you need a phone to access...again, ones that I would rarely need which is why I was intrigued by win 11..... not so much now.

whdonnelly October 28th, 2021 11:48 PM

Just finished playing a few turns after the Windows 11 update. So far there are no bad issues, seems to run a little smoother. More research to follow.

WilliamB October 29th, 2021 05:46 AM

My new laptop arrived yesterday. I've only installed WinSPMBT so far and it seems to work all right on Windows 11. Will post if any problems occur.

DRG October 29th, 2021 05:41 PM

Good news

Rake April 23rd, 2022 02:54 PM

Curious if there have been any updates for this... I am considering a new machine and it will likely come with Win 11.

Has anyone run WinSP on Windows 11 yet?

WilliamB April 23rd, 2022 03:55 PM

My HP laptop has Windows 11 and WinSPMBT works fine. No problems with WinSPWW2 either.

Uncle_Joe July 22nd, 2022 03:09 PM

It actually runs better on my new Win11 machine than it did on my Win10 machine. I can't use Desktop resolution but the 1600x1280 works great.

rjantzi August 16th, 2022 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all. I recently got a new HP laptop that came with Win 11 pre-installed. I own the CD version of both winSPMBT and winSPWW2 and I've installed both on the new computer. The only oddity I've noted is that when I run using "Desktop" resolution (which is 1920 x 1080) the taskbar covers, very slightly, the information at the bottom of the screen. The taskbar is locked. The attached screenshot shows what I see. I am able to run the games at a lower resolution but I would like to use the "Desktop" setting so that I can use my full screen size. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have to help with this. Thanks

https://forum.shrapnelgames.com/atta...1&d=1660728855

Mobhack August 17th, 2022 04:38 AM

Try the windows taskbar settings - does windows 11 still have the choice of large or small taskbar buttons? - if so, use the other ones (small instead of large, say).

DRG August 17th, 2022 05:34 AM

For me, running the "Use small taskbar icon" OFF in win10 gives not quite, but close the same as shown in that screenshot so try using "Use small taskbar icon" ON in Taskbar settings

WilliamB August 17th, 2022 01:05 PM

You can't change the size of the taskbar in Windows 11, but there are programs available that will allow you to do it. I use one called RoundedTB. The other option is to download a registry hack to make the taskbar smaller

DRG August 17th, 2022 06:24 PM

Seriously ? You cannot change the size of the taskbar icons in win11 ?....... another reason to give it a pass

rjantzi August 17th, 2022 08:39 PM

Thank you both for your replies. Win11 doesn't make it as easy to edit the taskbar icon sizes. From what I can find online this requires editing the registry to change, which is something I really don't want to do. A simpler solution is to reduce the Display Settings scale from 125% down to 100%. This allows me to use the Desktop resolution and see the entire screen. The downside is that the text is quite small but is still readable.

Mobhack August 17th, 2022 09:06 PM

I already use a tweaker for the start menu for windows 10 (classic shell) to replace the useless bodge microsoft foisted on us and regain a windows-XP style start menu.

I think there are tweakers out there that let you fiddle with the windows 11 task bar - I believe you can replace its little strip smack in the middle of the screen with a proper full-screen width taskbar, and also something like classic shell exists to replace the start menu with a classic one.

Not going near windows 11 till I absolutely have to, so have not really investigated tweakers. And since I have recently bought a brand new PC, it will stay windows 10 till whenever support stops (2025?). I switched off the TPM(?) module in the BIOS, so the windows 11 update thinks it can't be replaced with 11 so no auto-update bork where it sneaks it in all unexpectedly:D!

geoff August 17th, 2022 11:52 PM

I don't have any experience with windows 11, I'm still on windows 10. I use the desktop resolution setting, and I find that every time I start the game I have to move the game window up a tiny bit because the bottom part of the message screen is a hidden behind the taskbar, though not a much as yours is. I can click and hold on the top window margin and move it up a fraction. (I don't regard this as a bug, it's just something I do every time I start the game. No big deal.)

I have the "scale and layout" setting on windows set to 125%.

Karagin August 17th, 2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoff (Post 853061)
I don't have any experience with windows 11, I'm still on windows 10. I use the desktop resolution setting, and I find that every time I start the game I have to move the game window up a tiny bit because the bottom part of the message screen is a hidden behind the taskbar, though not a much as yours is. I can click and hold on the top window margin and move it up a fraction. (I don't regard this as a bug, it's just something I do every time I start the game. No big deal.)

I have the "scale and layout" setting on windows set to 125%.

I too have this same issue. So when the game opens to the pick a scenario screen etc...I move it up a bit then.

DRG August 18th, 2022 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I see when I run MBT and I use small Icons on the taskbar

https://forum.shrapnelgames.com/atta...1&d=1660839975

.....and that's pretty much the way it's always been on this computer and the CRV monitor that this machine replaced. I had no idea some people had to make wee adjustments like that.......... but, that is one of the joys/quirks about PC's..... everyone has a different combination of components and they don't all work 100% the same way

rjantzi August 19th, 2022 07:16 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm sorted out now. I can run the game at either 100% or 125% and, with the minor adjustment in screen position, see everything.

WilliamB October 8th, 2022 04:04 PM

Installed the 22h2 version this morning. Everything seems to be working so far.