.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Underwater questions (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44038)

Snacktime September 29th, 2009 09:15 AM

Underwater questions

If I'm playing a land nation and take over an underwater province, is there any way for me to build a castle/lab/temple? Is there any way for me to have province defense? I don't think there is, which leads me to ask whether there is any way for me to summon the underwater-only summons (i.e. the water elemental royalty).

Gokufan1988 September 29th, 2009 09:34 AM

Re: Underwater questions

Well you could always capture someone else's underwater fortress :D

Seriously though, there is n4w1 spell in conj 7 that lets you summon an underwater castle for 50 nature gems. It still needs to be cast underwater though.

Finding fortresses is also a lot more common underwater, search with nature mages.

Snacktime September 29th, 2009 09:36 AM

But as far as I can tell, I can never cast any underwater ritual/summoning spells because I can never build a lab under water. Right?

Gokufan1988 September 29th, 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snacktime (Post 712499)
But as far as I can tell, I can never cast any underwater ritual/summoning spells because I can never build a lab under water. Right?

I thought you could build labs as long as you could get a mage underwater somehow.

thejeff September 29th, 2009 09:46 AM

Land nations can build castles, labs and temples underwater. Why couldn't they? You'll need to get a commander, mage or priest underwater to do so, but if you can take water provinces you should be able to do that.

Most land nations can't buy PD. Nor do they get national troops/commanders to recruit underwater.

What makes you think you can't build a lab?

Torin September 29th, 2009 10:03 AM

not castles or PD. Labs & temples they can.
finding the nature site with a castle can do or the spell.
Krakens are ok and cheap. Water Queens are the top creature to have there.

Gokufan1988 September 29th, 2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejeff (Post 712502)
Land nations can build castles, labs and temples underwater. Why couldn't they? You'll need to get a commander, mage or priest underwater to do so, but if you can take water provinces you should be able to do that.

Most land nations can't buy PD. Nor do they get national troops/commanders to recruit underwater.

What makes you think you can't build a lab?

As far as I know the only land nations that can build underwater castles are EA Agartha, LA Atlantis and Jomon. There may be a few others (LA Mictlan?)

thejeff September 29th, 2009 11:00 AM

Ok, guess I'm wrong about castles. I probably just haven't bothered in so long, except with the pseudo underwater nations that I'd forgotten you couldn't and thought there was just little reason to.
I know LA Mictlan doesn't get any underwater recruitables, that makes me suspect they can't build castles. But take that with a very large grain of salt.

Squirrelloid September 29th, 2009 11:41 AM

LA Mictlan has Atlantians, even if they are capitol only, so i wouldn't be surprised if they could build castles.

That said, Shinuyama *does* have UW recruitables, and can't build UW castles... go figure.

Snacktime September 29th, 2009 11:45 AM

I did not realize my mage with a ring of water breathing on could build an underwater lab. This is rather hilarious to contemplate, but it does solve the problem. Thanks!