.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   The Dragon Tribe (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35224)

Grizly June 28th, 2007 11:49 PM

The Dragon Tribe

1 Attachment(s)
This would be my first mod so be kind. The mod is based around a barbarian kingdom that worships dragons, (thus has dragon allies). I'm trying to balance it for vanilla but have no idea how to so if a few play testers could download this and make a list of stuff for me to do that would be awesome.

*note most of the graphics are placeholders and the barbarian heroes are from the barbarians united mod by Bandarlover. one with a pathetic makeover.

Sombre June 29th, 2007 01:04 AM

Re: The Dragon Tribe

Hooray for Cymru!

Juzza June 29th, 2007 03:47 AM

I found a problem, bad armour for new monster or somthing, when I tryed to start it, I don't have to time to check it, also, you packed it kinda badly, it should be zipped, zipped not .rar is usaly better too, some linux users have problems with Rar files, so I've heard, ahem, anyway, it should be zipped, with the .dm file and the graphics in a separate folder, it may work other ways but most mods are done that way.

llamabeast June 29th, 2007 05:58 AM

Linux is absolutely fine with rar, the problem with rar is that many windows users won't have heard of it, and so won't have downloaded WinRAR.

But yep, also got the bad armour error. Sounds like an interesting mod though, hope we can get it working.

Juzza June 29th, 2007 07:13 AM

Really?! I heard from um, kristopher that he couldn't open my rar file back when I submited my tarent mod in dom 2, you sure it might not work in some versions?

llamabeast June 29th, 2007 07:15 AM

Oh, maybe. I'm relatively new to linux. All the versions I've had of it can open RAR files with built-in programs, but that's only been over the last year or two, and I guess also there are millions of different versions. Sorry if I'm saying wrong things.

Grizly June 29th, 2007 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry, I had that fixed then included the wrong dm file.

just screwing around with it I also think the starting sites give too many magic gems but don't know how many they should give

Sombre June 29th, 2007 12:53 PM

EA - 6 gems total.
MA - 5 gems total.
LA - 4 gems total.

Foodstamp June 29th, 2007 01:14 PM

Only one linux user on these forums has said anything about linux not being able to open .rar compression. So I think you would be ok using it if you liked.

Juzza June 29th, 2007 07:14 PM

but then theres the silly windows users (like me!!) who may not have heard of it.