.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Star Wars Mod - Anyone? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36055)

Lord_Vader September 12th, 2007 08:21 PM

Star Wars Mod - Anyone?

A Star Wars complete conversion mod would be really cool. There's plenty of images for Star Wars spaceships out there, too. I might try working on a star Wars mod once I finish the one I'm currently working on, but perhaps some other guy could make one instead?

I'd be really happy if someone did that. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

charliecooper December 10th, 2007 01:06 PM

Re: Star Wars Mod - Anyone?

I decided to start a Star Wars mod, after I was inspired by the ISD 2.0 mod.

I have the Rebel Cruiser done, except the terran fighters aren't working right.

I have a Smuggler ship finished.

I don't know which ship should be third. A bounty hunter? An Imperial Carrier? A "diplomatic" ship?

I'll think of something.

Phlagm December 10th, 2007 05:44 PM

I guess it depends on what your quests look like, and how involved you want to get with making them ship-specific. I would suspect that you'd be able to work out something with each type of ship. You could even do a medical frigate (although I'm not sure how distinct it would be when viewed from above) and then have a bunch of medical quests for it. Bounty hunter is a good one too, and you've got a while mess of bounty hunters to choose from in the movies.

sgqwonkian December 10th, 2007 06:28 PM

I'll second the bountyhunter idea. It'd be cool to pilot or fight against Slave I.

(Originally I was going to suggest an Imperial Interdictor-class cruiser, but I can't think of a way to do it justice that wouldn't shoot down all missiles and/or make the Temporal Flux shield less cool.)

charliecooper December 10th, 2007 07:25 PM

Yeah. I was looking at the Interdictor and the Executer, but decided against it.
The Victory class would be interesting.

Bounty Hunter it is. It will give a whole new meaning to the term "passenger limit".

clomaka December 11th, 2007 02:12 PM

i like the idea of going into a battle to capture the pilot:)

also like the medical ship as a replacement for the science vessel.

charliecooper December 11th, 2007 03:40 PM

There will be different quests for the bounty hunter; ship captures, passenger captures, asassinations, item procurement, other bounty hunters, etc.

Some ideas will come from the Star Wars movies, but I think the game 'Freelancer' has some good ideas too.

Maybe a little "You killed my Brother and now you are going to pay!", like the Morton brothers in Fallout II.

Slave I is going to be different. An overview would be too small, because of the unique way it flies. I will have to do a front view, so that there is enough of a graphical area to work with.

Phlagm December 11th, 2007 03:54 PM

I don't know, I'd prefer the real top view, but that's just my preference. I overlook lots of ship ideas because they don't look good from above

charliecooper December 21st, 2007 01:16 AM

A version with the ships added should be finished by the 28th; Friday next week.

Ships:
Rebel Cruiser
Millenium Falcon
Slave 1

I will try to include quests, but I've never done quests before and I have no idea how long it will take to create a few good quests.

CdrDecker December 21st, 2007 06:36 PM

charliecooper, you could add an R2 Unit. The R2 would be like the multi-repair robot but faster in its repairs, plus have a nice little R2D2 sound, for when you find it.