.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   New Campaign: Baptism of the Black Brigade (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47302)

Brian61 April 10th, 2011 05:10 PM

New Campaign: Baptism of the Black Brigade

1 Attachment(s)
Having come to a natural pause in the Black Brigade scenarios, since after 6 September 1939 the Krakow Army no longer needed its southern flank secured as its front had collapsed, I decided to use the four scenarios as the basis for a campaign. So with no further introduction, here it be :D

Have fun,
Brian

PS: Please let me know if you find any errors or if any given battle seems either way too easy or impossibly hard.

DRG April 11th, 2011 11:07 AM

Re: New Campaign: Baptism of the Black Brigade

The weather's turning nice here and with 7 acres I have a lot of yard work to do so it might be awhile before I get this looked at

Don

Brian61 April 11th, 2011 02:22 PM

Ah yes, yard work. Having moved from a house in the country to an apartment in the city some years back, that would be one of the things I don't miss. At all. :)

Hopefully someone else will post some feedback in the meanwhile, and if not, its taken me ten years to get to this point, a few months more won't make much difference.

Thanks,
Brian

DRG April 11th, 2011 02:47 PM

You've been working on these for 10 years ?

That explains one every three days. :)

Don

Brian61 April 11th, 2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 775498)
You've been working on these for 10 years ?

Eh, it'd be better to say I've been mulling on the concept of a Black Brigade campaign for 10 years. Started with some correspondance and discussion with Redleg who later created some Black Brigade scenarios for another company's sp based mod. Real life kept getting in the way of doing anything concrete beyond taking the opportunity to do a bit of background research now and then.

Back around 2006 I did finally create a few scenarios but when I moved across country later I left the hard drive behind and didn't realize till a year later that my CD backup was unreadable :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 775498)
That explains one every three days. :)

Having a good idea of what I wanted to do and already having the majority of the research behind me certainly helped. At the least I knew what to search for. Doing the maps that quickly was far more due to me being retired and bored :D

Brian

DRG April 11th, 2011 05:06 PM

I'm retired, Never bored.

Don

gila April 11th, 2011 05:57 PM

Thank you! for this,i plan on playing it all through as soon as i have time:)

Roman April 12th, 2011 12:43 AM

Hi Brian thanks for your work. I'm playing your campaign. I'm at the turn 8 of the first scenario. I did back a few armored vehicles.

DRG April 12th, 2011 08:44 AM

One wee problem I noted was the observer is unable to call arty.

Don

Roman April 12th, 2011 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 775553)
One wee problem I noted was the observer is unable to call arty.

Don

Just what I was saying. The observer has no radio:rolleyes:.
I'll turn 12 by the first scenario. They're about to run me, I have several units routed but the Germans have many tanks smoking:p. Destroyed almost all its light tanks and armored vehicles:D. I just have an anti-tank gun:doh:. If I can not stop the German attack in the next two turns troops retreat to the next scenario.:re: