.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Cambodia OOB Crash? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47359)

centurion77 May 1st, 2011 12:54 PM

Cambodia OOB Crash?

Hi everyone,
I tried to make a Thailand vs. Cambodia scenario, but in the editor, I click on the tab to see what kind of aircraft Cambodia has, it crashes...
Anyone else has this problem?

Mobhack May 1st, 2011 02:03 PM

Re: Cambodia OOB Crash?

Quote:

Originally Posted by centurion77 (Post 776523)
Hi everyone,
I tried to make a Thailand vs. Cambodia scenario, but in the editor, I click on the tab to see what kind of aircraft Cambodia has, it crashes...
Anyone else has this problem?

Just tried this and it worked fine in the purchase screen misc section.

What conditions were you working under, since that is rather helpful:
Which of the nations was P1 and who P2?
What date was it?
Are you talking about the purchase screen, or the encyclopaedia screen?

Andy

centurion77 May 1st, 2011 04:02 PM

It was in the purchase screen, Cambodia was P2 and the date April 2011. i just tried reversing the players, and when I click on one of the airplane tabs, it crashes. I tried with another date and no problems. I think it's the date that causes the crash.

Mobhack May 1st, 2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centurion77 (Post 776540)
It was in the purchase screen, Cambodia was P2 and the date April 2011. i just tried reversing the players, and when I click on one of the airplane tabs, it crashes. I tried with another date and no problems. I think it's the date that causes the crash.

I just got the same effect.

Looking at the data in Mobhack - I'm units #163 and/or 164 are the key to the problem. (It is probably the one the selection screen is trying to show as the default for the date).

The icon number produces merely a horizontal line in the icon display area, not an aeroplane. Which probably sends the game code to infinity and beyond.

Try entering icon number #2879 (or 80 0r 81 - depending on what colour scheme you like) instead of what is there.

I just did that and everything worked OK.

Andy

DRG May 2nd, 2011 12:51 AM

There were two totally unrelated problems.

The first one was those two aircraft have had the wrong Icon number entered since at least 2007 ( it's pointing at an empty file number ) . However, this release 6 Yugoslavian aircraft were added and that file was used but there was a problem with the header info in the file I was provided with and that's what caused the crashes. ( normally using a non existent Icon will simple not display anything in the game , not cause a crash ) I have rebuilt that SHP file but it will not cause a problem to use now except when an OOB tries to use an empty spot and that can be fixed manually

I have modified the Cambodian OOB to point at the correct Icons. For both aircraft those will be

Icon 2881--- Winter Icon 2880--- Desert Icon 2881

Anyone reading this who may use the Cambodian OOB can manually change those. If you contemplate a PBEM with Cambodia pass the modified OOB to your opponent before starting.

Don

centurion77 May 4th, 2011 05:41 PM

Thanks Don.