View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2004, 06:19 AM

Corporal

Solymr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does SEIV run on XP????

I'm not a big fan of 2000 myself. I have 98SE, 2000 Pro and XP Pro on this machine and I tend to use XP the most, 98SE sometimes for my old favs but I haven't actually used 2000 since I updated it Last, which was back in Feb. I find its pretty unstable with several games and I've had a few others that just refuse to run under it. I've NEVER had a problem with XP, with the possible exception that I hate having to restart and go into 98 so I can play a DOS game when I'm bored (I'm too lazy to bother with dosbox). This isn't to say 2000 is bad, I'm sure its great to use in buisness. I just find that when it comes to games 2000 just can't keep up the pace and the handful of my friends who've tried it tend to agree with me.

Also, programs like StyleXP can change the look of the interface and the stupid new start menu is easily set back to classic mode.

All in all, SE4 is fine on XP. I've had a problem with ship animations, but I think thats just a rare bug that only a few people have had.

And no, I'm not a M$ sales rep. I just find that XP Pro is hardly given the credit it deserves. Its a solid gaming platform that until Longhorn comes out, or Linux attracts more game creators, will be what most games will be aimed at.

Just my 2 credits worth.