View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2003, 02:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Misadventures of the Missed Adventurers

ooc:[well, i was thinking the maze could contain an artifact powered by a sphere of change, which would be usefull given his alteration skills, would explain stabilization effects in a dungeon, there containing it, and would explain why he's so intent on spheres of stability - distraction. how about an unstable sphere of change? the labrynth is keeping it stable, but the mage doesn't know that? ok, the second rooms gotta be a bit harder than the front...silly putty? couldn't remember what it was called.]

stepping through the doorway, the three are confronted by an odd sight: in a room that is ten feet wide and eighty feet long, agaist the right hand wall are three animated heads that look like dragon heads ten feet long - lizardlike and fanged. they appear to be made of sandstone. in the far left corner away from them is a door. to get to the door, the heads must be disabled. narp takes a few measered steps toward the first head. it waits until he is within it's reach and then dives toword him. narp is ready and jumps back while swinging cutting some teeth off. the teeth levitate back into place and seal themselves. D. comments "i think the animative force is behind the right wall, at least the walls heavily shielded. if the animative force is not attached to the heads, attacking them will do nothing to it. not to mention that the heads are magically shielded against dispel. the shielding comes from the base, so cutting parts off and casting dispel on them will probably work."
narp lunges forward and slices off an eye, then jumps back just ahead of the fangs. D. casts dispel on the eye, and it remains on the floor. the head turns so as to keep it's good eye on narp and moves back a bit. narp steps foword, the head moves back. another step, and the head dives for him and narp dodges to the side, hitting the wall. swinging his sword hard, narp cuts the front of it's mouth off, then drops to the floor as the head slams into the spot where he was. narp rolls toward toword the base of the head and starts hacking. the head doubles back with suprising swiftness, catching him in the back and slamming him against it's own base. thinking fast, narp wedges his sword between the base and the wall. the head jerks back, pulling his sword through. D. casts dispell while the whole thing falls down and smashes on the floor. beyond where the head was, narp finds a very servicable trianglular shield about two feet high and a foot and a half wide at the top next to a skeleton. "i could use this" he says, picking it up.

ooc:[the heads are sort of snake heads with teeth. i'm not sure i was clear. they cut easy because animated stone is softer than normal. or so most books seem to have it. each of them must be destroyed in a different manner, so there should be something to do for a bit. i imagine the mage will be able to watch us just long enough for it to be an interesting part of the plot. ]

[ June 21, 2003, 02:29: Message edited by: narf poit chez BOOM ]
Sig updated to remove non-working links.