View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2003, 08:52 PM

Major

Instar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Star Fury Question, Ask Away

Quote:
Originally posted by deccan:
1) What is the quality of the 3-d engine? How does it compare to top-of-the-line 3-d games?

2) How much control do you have over individual ships? Do you have multiple turrets per ship? Can you shoot at multiple targets at the same time? Is there damage control and repair like in Starfleet Command?

3) How big are space battles? Can you have allied ships? Can you be part of a fleet action?
1) This obviously is not Doom3 or HL2, as its only one guy doing all the coding. Nothing overly dramatic about the graphics, pretty decent textures, I haven't ever seen anything that looked horrible, but nothing is super extreme outstanding. Of course, the game is to run on a P3 500 or so, so it really cannot hold a candle to Doom3 (I am ever so eagerly waiting for it... but I worry, will my P4 handle it?)
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.