View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2004, 11:27 PM

Sergeant

CharonJr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob\'s shot at an R\'lyeh AAR

Turn 4

Oh joy, Atlantis declared war on me. On the bright side I got the mercs and my Alteration is up to 1 already.

Treasury: 224
Income: 188
Upkeep: 41
Resources: 72

Water gems: 8 (+2)
Astral gems: 9 (+3)

The 150% tax worked very nicely. My treasury is up to 224 and I only got an unrest of 2. I will switch the tax rate back to 100% this turn. My pop is down to 29.660 which is better than I anticipated.

Updated province information:

Devourer (6) – 40(s) -60(g) Trition Troopers and Triton Guards – Sea
Tiash (15) – 20(g)/30(s) – 40 (g) Militias and Heavy Infantries – Forest/Swamp – Heat 2
Dershid (20) – 40(s) – 60(g) Tribal Warriors and Tribal Archers – Plains – Dom1, 6k pop, 29 inc, 12 res
Dunheim (28) – 34 Light/Heavy Infantries + 5 Crossbowmen – Farm Lands – confirmed
Gol Phalas (26) – 20-50 Militias, Longbowman and Knights – Farm Lands – general intel – Dom0, 13k pop, 66 inc, 9 res
Vepitre (14) – 40-80 Tribal Warriors and Tribal Archers – Plains – general intel – Black Candle1, O1, P2, G2, Mi1, Ma1
Kolermegor (5) – 40-50 Crossbowman, Militias and Heavy Infantry – Forest – general intel – Dom0, 9k pop, 46 inc, 34 res

Northwest of Dershid (20) I can see the C’tis capital now in province 27. Either they own province 25 to their west, too, or they are still stuck with just their capital.

Looks like Jotunheim’s dominion is spreading to my east

Sho’guu and his Fisherman are amphibious. This gives me 2 options:

Go after the tritons in Devourer (6) with an unknown income or repeat my attack on Dunheim (28) where I at least can be fairly sure that the income is decent due to it being a farm land.

With the declaration of war from Atlantis and my need for money I decide to gather my forces and attack Dunheim (28). This way the indies might prove useful as a buffer between me and Atlantis.

Due to my mindbLasters I actually prefer to fight Jotunheim first and hope that C’tis, Atlantis and the unknown third party will not come after me.

With a bit of luck I might even be able to salvage enough troops to be able to attack Gol Phalas after Dunheim since the actual number of troops there might be around 30. In order to not repeat my earlier mistake I will send my new scout there and get decent intel about the forces there.

In the meantime I will move my first scout from Dershid (20) to Talito (36) to the northeast in order to get some information about the third enemy around here.

Sadly I am lacking 2 research for getting Alt2 this turn, but since I will not need my magic in this fight anyway it is not that bad. But when I confront Jotunheim I want to have some nasty astral surprises for them. Due to this I will get another Star Child for better research this turn in addition to 2 Illithid Soldiers in order to fry the minds of some Jotuns later on.

CharonJr

To be continued...