View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2002, 06:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

Gillissie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Oh Microsoft bought the hype on this game

Although I agree that the camera control can be a pain in any 3D game, I have to disagree with Atrocities' overall conclusion. Dungeon Siege does everything right on the interface. If you want to lock the camera in a particular position, you can. There are tons of options to suit the interface to your likings. The only problem with locking the camera is that you may not see a lever or other important items if it is on the backside of a wall. However, the "locked" camera only applies to mouse movement, so you can use the arrow keys to look around, then put it back and continue on. And trust me, you want to look around.

The wierdest thing about Dungeon Siege is the feel of the game during multiplayer. It is totally different than playing single player, and not necessarily in a good way. In Diablo series and Darkstone, the multiplayer had the same feeling of accomplishment as single player mode. In Dungeon Siege, I felt like it was a competition between players to see who could kill the most monsters. For this reason, I actually like playing the single player campaign more than multiplayer.