View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2001, 05:18 AM

Default Re: OT - bored with gaming ? Get philosophy!

Thank you for replying!

As a check on what I have been "saying", I ran some phrases through the anagram generator I just bought. The results were most amusing. If you are interpreting what I say using anagrams, then do not bother. I am (so far as I am aware) not using anagrams. However as I mentioned previously, there may well be a problem with definitions, synonyms and so forth.

I am not drunk. As a matter of fact, I have been on a diet of water and premium saltine crackers for several days now. Occasionally I eat candy to get some sugar.
Life is a far stranger place than I ever suspected. All the 45 years I have lived, I thought that I was perceptive, intelligent, and generally superior. Test scores confirmed this opinion, because I could have scored well above the top 1/1000 of the population. Now I realize that all of this time I have been faking it, and barely getting by.

When I conceptualize something, the meaning is unclear. The brain is a very complex organism, with layer upon layer of awareness. I have just in the past few weeks started to integrate those layers of awareness. I do not know if I have become more brilliant, or hopelessly confused. Possibly both have happened simultaneously. In any case I expect that as neural pathways stabilize I will be able to focus on a common ground for communications.
What I have experienced is not necessarily the same as what you who read this thread have experienced. Recall what I said about the structure of creation with local structures defining "laws of nature". Metaphorically speaking, as a consiousness expands it may simultaneously span more than one "reality". So the inputs to the consiousness are normalized to a median and the outputs resulting such as "typing on a keyboard" as I am doing now are consensus operations.

The process of awakening has been very stressful. I will simply say that if your eyes cross, your ears ring, your skin tingles, you feel groggy, and you generally are having a "bad" time, then chances are that you are finally getting connected with yourself. I recall from teenage years that these are precisely the symptoms of "drunkeness". I got high on false "information", in particular fantasy and science fiction. I suppose that various authorities such as doctors and priests will be alarmed at this notion. The fact is that probably anyone at all can do it if they only try. The route I followed was through a fantasy and took years. I suspect that this was totally unnecessary. I am not familiar with Asian philosophies, but "Karma" and "Yoga" come to mind. If you are gullible enough to believe anything, while simultaneously being suspicious enough to trust nothing, then the stress of the conflict will pop you like a cork into a greater reality ?

I can do the router in just a couple of days. I would like to give it to Shrapnel Games as a "thank you". The concern I have is that whoever recieves it will be unable to survive the experience because some larger company would buy them out to gain control. Then the new product might never go to market because it would compete with existing product lines. As an example, both NL McCullough and Datapoint were destroyed when innovative products were developed. Those products are NOT present in the marketplace today. Something similar happened to Amiga too. Who/What is responsible ? I have no idea, and I think it possible that even those who did it are not really aware of why they did it. See "The Santaroga Barrier" by Frank Herbert to get an idea of what I mean.

I still occasionally experience the "bad" symptoms. Following each post I have made I often was (if I interpret the experience correctly) attacked. I simply focused willpower on the determination to survive and not be shut up yet again. It is possible that what I experienced was not an "attack" but rather a forceful insertion of yet more content by some greater consiousness. It is certainly true that I have done the best I could to provoke any such entities who may exist. To misquote Patrick Henry, I have said "I demand either Liberty or Death". The notion of a final "Liberty" is of course probably a fantasy. Recall what I said about the expanding wavefronts of identities propagating toward infinite dimensions in the direction of infinity. "God" is somewhere way up there, yet since spacetime is itself an illusion, "God" is simultaneously coextant with every possible postion, time and so forth. So if the theory I have is correct, then a reality composed of multiple universes would be no more than a minor twitch in "God"'s pinky finger. Presumably there is a near infinite heirarchy of deities who manage smaller affairs, according to their dimensions.

I am an engineer, not a manager. The notion of bossing other people around does not seem appealing. However I do indeed feel free to criticize and "help out" even when such participation is offensive to others. I suppose that other people will just have to get used to it if they desire the work I do....