View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2005, 02:48 PM

Private

Rampager83 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any chance to get firing shown \"slower\"?

Andy,

I THINK that I've figured out the sound issue.

When a unit is hit/damaged there is a drum-like "tat-tat". Then there is a pause and, if you have killed a vehicle, the "kaboom" sound is played.

Whem I'm doing an artillery strike I "THINK" that the system is trying to play ALL of the drum-tats and the Kabooms, but there is an overlap and it sounds terrible. When I listen closely, I can hear the initial drum-tats, then it goes ugly, and then I hear KABOOMS. Could this be a sequencing issue on FAST ARTY?

Also, and I haven't returned to the DOS game to find out, yet, I seem to recall that we didn't get the drum tats when there is a vehicle kill but that we went straight to KABLOOEY! <grin>

Smoke impacts are STILL 'way, 'WAY to fast, IMHO.

Finally, one SMALL matter on the Short-Cut icons: The shortcut symbol on the icon covers the "M" in "MBT". You might want to go verticle the way MAXIS did in SIM CITY 4, with the letters on the right side of the icon.

Other issues/comments remain, but are not germain to the thread, so I'll post elsewhere on them.

BTW: The game works GREAT (but still has the aforementioned sound issues) on my laptop. NOW I can play SPMBT while on the ROAD!!!!!

Check Six!
Buddy