Thread: Siege Units
View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2006, 06:11 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Siege Units

Quote:
Endoperez said:
It is quite hard to be able to destroy siege engines on the battlefield, without new commands that would be added in. Killing specialized commanders is easier, with assassination already in the game.

Of course it should be hard otherwise these uncommon units wouldn't have much long term value. The only units which should get unique commands for attacking siege units would be anti-siege units as mentioned earlier.

Quote:
Endoperez said:
Flaming boulders (burning stone? ) would be directed to the defenders, as the disease-corpses. That wouldn't work well, unless you actually wanted to be able to slowly kill the defenders without actual battle.
Burning stone... yes... it is a magical realm and types of oil and fuel can also make this work. Some units might be so strong that you're main interest may be to try giving them a disease or crushing them with a boulder. Different catapults can have different sized boulders as well... I wonder what size boulder the Jotuns would use?

Quote:
Endoperez said:
And, do you really except the Siege Engineers personally walk next to the castle, and pound the wall to dust? I think the actual engineering part is hidden, but I don't mind that, personally.
I don't expect battering rams or siege towers to do anything on the battlefield or very very little. Their purpose is to allow storming to occur more quickly... when they are on the battlefield it provides players a chance to destroy siege equipment.

==============
These can be units on the battlefield which their main purpose is off the battlefield... except for maybe the catapult.