View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:33 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bar vs FG42 is it a draw?

Hi Claus
Gee this thread seems to have developed legs overnight, I should say quite everyone please, were wasting Clauses precious bandwidth!

I might point out that Claus and Narwan are attempting to make an example of me to rest of the posters in this forum.
Lesson: Dont disagree with them or youll be in for the same sort of unpleasant invective and snide asides they are directing towards me.
Reason the game curently contains some bias towards the American forces which they intend to keep in place.

Assumption number 1 is wrong because the premise that the weapon was only ever used as a rifle never as a SAW is patently ridiculous. How often this happens is arguable, but if just one of 7 FG42 in the squad is used as a BAR this is enough to justify the change to 20 and 5. And there would certainly be circumstaces when the weapon was used in the same role as the BAR.
The argument that because its in slot one it cant have its value increases is a complete furphy, It can easily have its acc and hit changed to 20 and 5 like the BAR. Play balance wouldnt suffer in the least. What the change to 20 and 5 values represents is an acknowledgemant of the inherent flexibity of the weapon.
As you say Clause it is the use of the weapon that is the issue here and you cannot tell me with a straight face that it was never used as SAW.
Marek is very likely correct. Logistics are greatly simplified if the weapon is concentrated in particular units rather than spread out evenly.
Regards Chuck.