View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:00 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happiness in Darkness -An Argatha Ktonian Dead

Hm turns are no longer shown in SP, so i will use season descriptions instead . Because i can only be sure about the turn if it is the begin of a new year, otherwise something like "summer in the year 2 of the ascension wars" can refer to 2-3 turns i think . Only in MP games the exact turn is still shown.

"Late summer in the year 2 of the ascension wars"

We conquered our first underwater province. It was only guarded by 9 shamblers, so our 40 fishies defeated them easily .
Site searching is progressing, we have researched conjuration 3 now too and can search for death provinces now too. Well only conjuration 2 is necessary for dark knowledge, but we wanted conjuration 3 for summon earthpower.

So currently we have thaumaturgy 2 and conjuration 3 researched, now we research evocation 6 (will take at least 10 more turns from now on). Evocation 6 has an absolute key spell for our nation with magma eruption then.

You old veterans might notice that the range of magma eruption is now shorter. This has been done for the other good no-gem damage spells too. This way they are more balanced because they are still as deadly as in Dom2, but because of the shorter range you will suffer more friendly fire casualities and archers counter artillery mages now somewhat because of this change .

"Early Fall in the year 2 of the ascension wars"

Hm seems the turn descriptions are more exact than i thought. Early fall, fall, late fall etc.. So i could use exact turn numbers too. But the Dom3 way sounds imho more stylish, so i will stick to this description now .

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/191/2sb1.jpg
We have encountered our first neighbor. It is Ermor .
Currently according to scoregraphs they are about half as large as we are. So i have to buy more temples and try to kill them asap .

On a side note our secret weapon, our super shooters do not as well as we hoped . We had 2-3 battles where 10-20 indy knights defeated large crossbow armies we sent. Probably their low precision is the problem. We will switch completely to blind fighters and necros now. Vs. archers the crossbows would anyways be not very useful. Now that we have 3-4 new castles we are reaching the stage anyways were gold income and not resources becomes the bottleneck.
At least our propagandaminister did a good job. So our people still believe that those far away battles were successes . And they are kept happy with drugs and psychedelic music anyways .

"Winter in the year 2 of the ascension wars"

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/2429/3wd1.jpg
We border now Caelum and Abysia too. The ichtyids cost only 3 resources for the net ones and 7 for the better armored ones. With the castle there we can now recruit ca. 40 + an ichtyid commander per turn. We will buy hordes of them to conquer the seas now and to raid later the AIs on the other side of the sea there .

Hm an unexpected short update today from me. Turns are now getting bigger, so i need several hours in a row. But today there is unexpectedly a 6 player dom2 nostalgia blitz, so these several hours in a row are not available now . I hope you find it somewhat amusing if i use normally not fitting and occasionally well fitting music every now and then to loosen the AAR a bit .