View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2006, 03:35 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Man this sucks... One M13/40 versus three A10 MkII

Not much AAR but a small sigh...

Playing long British campaign, currently began fighting in the desert.

Just now I had a rather easy task. My first line is being formed by infantry and Matilda IIs, behind them A10's as second line. One M13/40 got hit several times from OP fire and suffered a mobility kill plus IIRC total of four damage stars.
So the task is to finish him off. There are three A10's close to it - one five hexes, one seven hexes and one ten hexes.
First shot, 350 meters range, stationary experienced A10... 8% chance? What? Of course misses. Suppressed and damaged Italian tank fires at about 17% chance, hits and kills the A10.
Telling to myself "heh, bad luck, won't stop me". Another A10's turn, range 250 meters, rallied to 1 suppression (from 6), firing at... 8% again! misses again, Italian tank op-fires with 30% chance to hit. A10 suffers severe damage and has to hide behind a hill.
Telling to myself "WTF?", selecting third A10 (which opfired the Italian tank two times). Range 500 meters. Chance to hit 11%. Missed - why doesn't it surprise me anymore? Italian tank opfires again, also at 11%. Hits, A10 severely damaged, have to cover it with infantry smoke as it is suppressed and cannot even retreat.

Man I love this game