View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:37 PM

Sergeant

Devnullicus is on a distinguished road
Default Component Data Weirdness

OK, I'm almost done with the component editor, but I've run into a little snag. I'm not sure if this is because of a bad assumption on my part or that the original data has some errors.

On any weapon component, there are a few extra values at the bottom of the component data - one of these sets:
  • Weapon Beam Burn Color, Weapon Beam Duration, Weapon Beam Speed
  • Weapon Beam Burn Color, Weapon Beam Duration
  • Weapon Bolt Speed
  • Weapon Seeker Speed Formula,Weapon Seeker Turn Rate,Weapon Seeker Tonnage Structure Formula,Weapon Seeker Defense Modifier Formula
  • Weapon Seeker Speed Formula,Weapon Seeker Tonnage Structure Formula,Weapon Seeker Defense Modifier Formula

I originally thought that these were controlled solely by the setting of "Weapon Delivery Type". For the most part, that's true, but then I started finding exceptions to that. So I analyzed a bit deeper and now I find that there really isn't a reliable pattern to determine which of the above sets a weapon will use. The only thing that does seem to hold true is that they will only use one of the above sets.

Is there a pattern I'm missing or are there errors in the data .. or ?

I've attached a spreadsheet with a breakdown of values from Captain Kwok's Balance Mod 0.92 (which is what I've been using as a base data set to test with). Change the extension to .csv to load it into excel easily.

Specifically, if I were to use Weapon Type and Weapon Delivery Type as a dual-key, then I could determine the Firing Type except for 2 anomalies: Shield Imploder and Alloy Burner Missile. Are these errors in the data or should I just figure that any of the above sets are possible for any weapon?
Attached Files
File Type: txt 465814-se5weapondata.txt (4.7 KB, 225 views)