View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you tough enough to be the \"King of the Hi

I don't think it is very different from a regular game, actually. You may want to attack as soon as possible anyway, if you think you are likely to have an edge in battle (that's a big if). It *does* set an upper bound on the wait, though... no point in waiting two more turns if you already have your whole bunch of ships.

So, if you don't want to make a run for a quick win (you know I cannot hope to win through tactics), what about a special rule for the X first turns? Say, no more than 10 ships per sector for the first 30 turns, but the upper bound becomes plain 60 ships afterwards. If you want to keep them all in a single sector, sure, go ahead.

Basically, my concern with the present rules is "how am I going to break through a wormhole?". I only see one way of doing that, and that one is too expensive to carry out routinely. I think being able to get more ships than the defenders will make offences a good deal easier, though not trivial by any measure.

Then again, I'm sure we both all plenty of dirty tricks ready, so perhaps we shouldn't go too much discussing. I wouldn't want to reveal that my design will feature weapons and engines. Would spoil your fun, really.

Going below 200/1000 is as easy as editing the Settings.txt file. I'm told there are some glitches with very low values, though. So, unless someone knows for sure, I'd just go with a house rule. Both figures are available easily in the game, if memory serves (I haven't done any SEIV turn for two months or so) so it shouldn't be too difficult to check.

Still waiting for confirmation on that point, and heading back to bed. Last exam (except some nice little chat next week) is tomorrow, so I'll stop acting quantic soon.