Thread: SEV Recommend?
View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM

Corporal

Uncle_Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eleven Non-Cheating Ways to Help the AI

Quote:
You can play SE4 via TCP/IP if all players use Hamachi to create a virtual LAN, then run SE4 as a "LAN" game through it.
Good suggestion. I've looked into it myself, but getting my group to do it would be like pulling teeth. If the game doesnt simply 'work', they wont be interested in workarounds, unfortunately.

Quote:
Did you get the latest patch?
Deluxe broke it, 1.96 should have refixed it...
No, we were never able to get it working right with more than 2 players after the SF acquisition.

Quote:
Some of it is just frustrating. tkae the star-Fury like design screen with it's compnant placement and decks. Just how does any of that effect combat/game-play? If not, then why bother?

Right now I rate it D for DOG.
It is so similar to SEIV, why bother playin it at all.
I concur with it seeming frustrating and with features that seem underdeveloped. I dont like the multiple decks thing either and the fact that weapons have no arcs leads to 'gamey' placement (ie, put them in the back of the ship to protect them etc).

I dont know that I'd call it a 'dog' at this point, but its just not my cup of tea. Part of that might just be me trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the game, buts its amazing that someone like me who was so absorbed by SE4 cant even sit through a few hours of SE5 and enjoy it...