View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:09 PM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 60 Player MegaGame Discussion Thread

Quote:
Ironhawk said:
An ambitious plan. I do think you are headed for some trouble tho just in the sheer number of players involved. It is hard enough to get 18 players on the same page (pretenders uploaded, mods correct, etc). The thought of trying to manage 60 is daunting. Additionally, player turnover will be a problem. As DrP says, you'll need alternates. But with a game of this size I wonder if there are enough players in the community to support a full staff and alternates.

Well, while I do think getting 60 might not be possible, all my large MP games fill up in less than 12 hours normally. I'm reasonably confident I can get about 30-40, we'll just have to see if we get more .

I think I've gotten pretty good at managing games, so I'm not concerned about the admin time.

I would require passwords from everyone so we can replace a missing player. I don't normally require alternates because I can usually find replacements for players fairly fast on the forums - worse comes to worse the nation gets put on AI.

I know there are a number of players that dislike including AIs in games (I know I do) but with large a game it's going to happen occasionally.