View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:27 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LA Machaka 0.0 Alpha

There will be six great orisha in the mod. Each of them is a unique that can be conjured for XXXSS at conjuration 8, costing 40 gems or so.

More importantly, there's a unique blessing to go with each of the Orisha, that can be applied when they are channeled. At present, only sacred magic beings can benefit from the blessing, but since I've removed the non-magicbeing sacred units anyway, I may remove that requirement.

Note that none of the Orisha blessings are going to overlap with blessings available via your actual pretender.

Gede, Death (has death/nature when conjured). Haste (not quickness)? Cause fear (if that really works)?
Ogun, Earth (has earth/fire when conjured, and a forge bonus). Ironskin? Weapons of Sharpness?
Oshun, Water (has nature/water when conjured). Luck? Pity I can't give awe.
Shango, Fire (has fire/air when conjured). Strength boost? Charged body + Fire shield? Resistance to fire/shock?
Oya, Air (has water/air/death when conjured). Mirror image?
Oxossi, Nature (has nature/air/death when conjured). Aim? Holy Avenger (that'd be scary)?

Anyway, any other suggestions are appreciated. Depending on how good these blessings actually are, I have to decide whether they cost gems, how many path points they require, how far up in the conjuration tree they appear, etc. etc.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe