Thread: TDM vs P&N
View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2002, 10:11 PM

Private

Story Junkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TDM vs P&N

2419.8:
Three of the Furies are useless, and along with the damaged Hummer, are making their way back to Albireo. The remaining craft should be ready for combat in a few days.
The Vaxin cruiser still has some intact engines, but noone in the fleet can figure out how to get the stupid thing started. A construction ship has been called from Albireo; if we can't figure out the problem with these Vaxin engines soon, it will be cut up and towed home in pieces.

Another wave of Vaxin BattleCruisers has been spotted moving insystem, but at their present speed, we have half a year to prepare.
At least half of the ships damaged in the Last battle should be back in service by then, but the enemy fleet is larger than ever.

Reports from home are quite negative lately. The Last batch of Furies is nearing completion, but the work is draining our reserve funds. Ten should be completed in the next four months, but production will have to be cut back drastically when our mineral reserves give out.
Scientists describe elaborate theories on how to solve the resource problems, but none of them can be expected to happen in less than a decade.
Aside from economics, there are uncommon numbers of industrial accidents lately. One of the Construction bases has even committed suicide after a premature reactor ignition destroyed the defense base it was working on.

To see them, visit: [i]My Story Links Page</i]

(Send a PM to SJ if you find a new story)