View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Sergeant

Spectarofdeath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Soviet Re-Birth

This is the first time I've even considered voting. The next 4-8 years really are going to be a major turning point for the US and indeed the world. The thing I don't get is how Clinton had impeachment proceedings against him for lying about a affair while Good ol boy GW just says "our intel was wrong, don't look at me" and nothing happens. If you take the nation to war and it turns out that the reasons you did it weren't accurate you need to be held accountable. I guess like someone earlier said, the choices if Bush were impeached just get worse and worse. I'm not sure really which party I would be considered, I agree with the democrats that the wealthy (who have much more to give) should make a much larger contribution to the nation then the poor (who don't have much to give). OTOH I strongly believe in the 2nd amendment so that would put me with the republicans. IMO we NEED to get rid of the party system, or at least get more then 2 parties. Also the whole voting system (electoral college) deciding who wins is flawed. Whats the point in even counting the popular vote? If the two are in agreement ok, if someone wins the electoral and loses the popular, then something else needs to be done.

McCain wants us in Iraq for another 100 years. Obama seems to have good ideas, but in the debates I've seen never really says how he intends to accomplish them. Hillary has good ideas as well, but I can't help but wonder how much would be her and how much would be Bill. We don't need what Russia has now. Also as flawed as the argument is, are their only 2 families that can run the US? If I do vote it will probably be for a democrat.