View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Sergeant

Spectarofdeath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Soviet Re-Birth

Not trying to get into a fight with you. I just feel that if taxes are going to be "equal" across the board then pay and cost of living should be as well. However since they aren't I feel taxes shouldn't be either. If I make 20k a year and 10% goes to taxes that 2000 is going to hurt me a hell of alot more then the 10k that would come out of someone who makes 100,000.00. Sure their paying alot more, but they also have enough to still live comfortably and not have to worry about do I put gas in the car for work or food on the table? Do I pay the medical bills or the utilities bill? I can understand if your someone making something like 55,000.00 or more or really any amount how you feel it's unfair that you have to pay more than others, but put the shoe on the other foot, your the guy making minimum wage working 50 hours a week and still struggling while the guy who owns the place you work for pays the exact same amount as you while making 3-4 times what you make. Shouldn't everyone have a equal chance to live the american dream or should it just be for the wealthy? I'm pretty sure I know the reaction this will have, "everyone has equal chance, they choose not to take it" Not everyone is born in the same area with the same chances and nobody gets to choose what kind of life their born into. Anyway, you either get what I'm saying or you don't. I won't be responding to anymore regarding this subject as apparently a mod is thinking we're fighting (even though I've seen much worse on these forums).

As far as Russia, I'm not going to be too worried unless they go back to communism which I doubt they will do. It's pretty obvious that the whole president-prime minister thing is just a way to get around the term limitations, seeing as how the president is supposed to be his hand picked successor. Maybe we should get them to join NATO?