View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:36 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The (not really) Official Endgame Summon Threa

Ahh, I am back, and fed!

- Balrog: Well I only labelled it as a demon, because I am under the impression it is often thought of as one. Honestly, it would be just as well to drop the tag and let it be its own thing.

- Gorgon: I will fight for this one to the end. There were many gorgon (gorgii..?) though only one was "famous".

- Ettin/Cockatrice: I've never had great success with crossbreeding, you can actually get such things? I'm at a loss here.

- Sasquatch: Well yes, it's the western hemisphere version of the same idea as the Yeti. I was thinking bigger, and meaner though, like giant sized, rather than "big man" sized.

- Shishi: It is in fact the creature embodied by those lion statues. In D&D (if you ever played), it was called a Foo Creature, very powerful air spirit, sometimes portrayed with a long flowing body like a furry Chinese dragon/lion thing. I was in such a hurry though, it should have Awe on it.

- You could look at Cerberus as "just a dog", but it would be "just a dog" with fire and death magic most likely, and probably size 4. I would have it protected by barghest or hellhounds in combat.

- The Four Horsemen: ... Sector24, I love you. Even if they weren't quite as tough as a Seraph (how could they not? 4 of them will destroy the world.....), they would be so cool to summon. Only sad part being, there's not really anywhere to put them but in Death, or Blood.

- Sandworm: Arakkian sandworms would be HILARIOUS. Give it flight and trampling, to simulate it bursting up from the ground and swallowing people, SO cool.

- Grendel: Forgive me my poor literary exposure, but I've not read Beowulf. However, if the film (it was silly, I know) has ANY grounding in the original work whatsoever, then we'd at least know that Grendel is a hulking and deformed brute, and his mother is some sort of a water demon? Grendel may be hard to conceptualize, but "water demon" leaves something to work with, especially if we go the same route as with the Balrog, and consider her demon-like, but not an actual demon, and summoned through water rather than blood.

Kirin - A/N(or N/S) - Chinese unicorn/dragon sort of thing, recuperate, healing

Chupacabre - ?? - Oh come ON, just say yes, don't overanalyze it.

Hmmm, I'm tapped for the moment, but I think later I will go through the pretender selections a little more exhaustively..... As far as having more humanoid summons, it's really VERY hard to find "myths" of supernatural beings that aren't ultimately described simply as some type of demon, or angel. At least, if they are to be "end game" type of power, else the lesser types have by and large already been covered, ie satyrs and dryads and such.