View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monster SCENARIO Project

For a single game to progress thru the ages would require that the intial mod include all of the units for all of the nations for all 3 era's. The units for mid and late eras would start out "zero'd out" in abilities. And I guess the national magic sites would have to be included also, with mid and late eras also being zero'd out. Each nation would start with 3 home castles with the appropriate magic sites. As the game moved to mid era the early units and national sites would become zero'd and the mid age would become filled in. There would be some problems with nations which did not progress in a direct line thru all 3 ages but the game could include those as pop-up AIs and only allow human-playing of the ones that do have a 1-2-3 progression.

That would he a MASSIVE project. I think I would leave something like that to someome abit less A.D.D. than I am. But I would love to see it done Mostly, because along the way it would create the "mods which simply duplicate a nation" which I have been asking for to allow big games to allow nations to play the same nations. To prove who's strategy for that nation is better. Could you see games where 20 players all play Ulm against other Ulm's?
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)