View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:19 AM

Sergeant

Saulot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Battlefield spell + retreating?

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Lame is a term I can accept. Which I would still consider different than cheat.
This is an important distinction, just as there are between things I find distasteful, and things which are illegal.

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
I recommend that games specify at the beginning what can and cannot be done.
I agree completely.

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:Even if its to refer to something such as "nothing in Red in Edi's buglist"
Here I have to disagree, rules should be stated once at the beginning of the game, and at that point set in stone. By referring to a third party, which in this case, tends to be edited sometimes, you change the rules of the game after the fact. Suddenly the players gain responsibility for reading through the buglist in case anything's changed everytime they submit a turn. That's far too excessive.

Rules should never be changed after a game begins.

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Some games such as Velusians used a MOD to make somethings unusable. Would it be bettr to take MoD completely out of a game?
Why? The problem isn't with MoD, but with the game mechanic of battle enchantments staying up if a caster is no longer around. I know little of coding, but if there's a check to end a spell when the caster dies, shouldn't it be relatively straightforward to do a similar one for when the caster retreats?