View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:34 PM

First Lieutenant

sum1lost is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aquarium - Started - FIGHT!

My take on the history: I hadn't expanded a huge amount before I ran into Jotunheim, Arco, and bandarlog. I signed an NAP with bandar log, and didn't do much with jotunheim. After a bit more expansion, and a bout of fort-building, I ran into Eriu as well. And Arco was composing large armies on my border, though they were going heaven knows where. Ulm, of course, was becoming enormous. A war started with arco which was rather drawn out, due to his SC pretender and some solid troop compositions featuring elephants and communions. After some time, Arco started to buckle, at which point Bandar attacked.

Thankfully, at this point I had enough momentum to pin down arco easily, while containing bandar. A few turns later, I had bandar routing much more quickly than I expected, due to his phyrric assault on Vanheim's capital, and collapsed invasion of two of my provinces. It culminated with my blitz taking his capital and slaughtering his mages, while seizing Vanheim's former capital with an army originally mopping up Arco. After that, it was a mop up on both of those fronts, as I reconsolidated.

A little bit of negotiation with Ermor and Jotunheim had nailed me sweet deals with both, mostly involving taking certain provinces to hit jotunheim on another front (ermor) and cut off ermor's assault (jotunheim). This netted me a number of gems and a capital, while I had enough troops stationed there to prevent a serious assault by C'tis.

Then, I noticed that I was getting a number of messages about spies causing unrest. I tried mindhunting, but it was taking far too long. So, I cast eyes of the god using an enchantment site for only 35 ish gems. That, with patrolling sky preists, allowed me to discover that Ulm was behind it all. And so war began. Ulm began dropping golems on me, which was allowing him to slowly win. However, by leveraging minddueling nahualli, his golems began to disintegrate. Once I hit alteration 9, my ultrabuffed armies simply rolled over him and his thugs at a much lower cost to me, and crumble allowed me to take the forts quickly, so my buffers and armies weren't tied down. My first tartarian (Pallol) tore the army and mass of amges defending his capital to bits, as his mages spammed spells like iron blizzard and magma eruption on the swarms of guardians surrounding Pallol.

From there, I split my armies via a number of preists and sucked up his lands very, very quickly.

I then engineered a blitz takeover of Eriu, using a number of buffs, summons,flying/sailing armies, and lightening immune, MR 27+ SCs to take half of his lands and crack his forts in one turn, and the rest in the next few. I believe Eriu went AI the first turn.

From there, it was simply more rollover.

It is my opinion that Eagle warriors are by far the best per gold unit in MA. I would have bought them at twice the cost, no lie. Size two, flying, and blessed makes them absurdly dangerous