View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The election is finally over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brooks View Post
Quote:
Out with the corrupted old and in with the promise of change by the new. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
What I think alot of people are missing is that our President has become not much more than a figurehead. It is Congress that actually (sadly) controls the country. And as long as lobbyists can throw money at the governing, nothing is going to change all that much. These special interests have been doing this type of thing for a long long time and know how to manipulate the Government to their needs. Nothing will change. My thought this election: get rid of all incumbents and put in all new people. But sadly, we don't get to vote on the lobbyists.
I used to think that also. That the president was a figurehead. But if Bush did anything, he definetly shook up that opinion. He managed to do some amazingly (destructive IMHO) things without the help of congress at all.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)