Corporal

RT-Baseman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Betio Island, November 20-23, 1943

as announced...

Known errors/questions:

General

- Betio is a little to big.

Japanese

- Question: Found in all sources the deployment of four 140mm guns at Betio (hex 16/106, 16/104, 32/34 and 33/34). No matching weapon id found -> chose "150mm Type 89 FG" instead and only name of unit was changed. Any idea?

- Error: Some squads deployed scattered at the island -> command chain error

- Error: Maybe the reinforcement turns must be adusted to prevent a counter attack (the historical counter attack!) from the rear of the marines. In playtesting the reinforcement turns were approx. correct, but maybe my advance was to slow

- Probable Error: The defence at the south side of Betio can fire (have fire positions) without restrictions to the north. I think the japanese had established a beach defence (doctrine) -> the main fire direction was the sea. One Result: Some "interesting" occurrences in the japanese indirect fire phase.

Marines

- Question: No way found to chance the main guns of BB USS Tennesse and BB USS Maryland. 14in Naval Gun and 16in Naval Gun have no selectable weapon id in November 1943. Any idea (because i need some more free units)? No mistake in gameplay, if the individual BB turrets target different targets in the real assault. I know this is possible (i spend eight years in the army as FDC), but don't think so; i imagine only 1 or 2 target per BB. CA, CL and DD are designed in the same manner. Do you have any informations about the FDC on battleships?

- Error: Some units deployed scattered in the landing vehicles -> command chain error.

- Error: The "Rubber boats" are no rubber boats (Green Beach) -> Unit Limit reached.

- Error: Maybe the reinforcement turns must be adjusted in some cases.

- Probable error: Haven't read about a smokescreen in the assault. But this is needed in gameplay to reach the island without disastrous looses (playtested).

Greetings

Chris