Thread: OT: Economy
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:53 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Economy

Here's some advice, don't do at an interview what I did once. Back in 97/98 the state government here had a joint government/free enterprise job schemes to employ people to handle Y2K. I, and quite a few people I studied IT with, went to the interview and we had a test which I'd never encountered before. Questions such as if you are in a meeting with 2 clients and they get into an argument how will you peacefully resolve the problem. I have a tendency to get too comfortable, and the lady asking the questions face to face was being so nice. At the time my antisocial problems had not been addressed and I muttered the unforgettable line

"Oh they're so annoying. You just want to punch them in the face"

Afterwards when surprisingly I did not get the job I was informed that whereas my IT skills were excellent I needed to address my people skills . That was the story of my job efforts. I never could ace an interview.

PS. It turned out ok (for me) from what I heard later. The scheme collapsed and the people who did get the jobs ended up not getting paid. Last I heard.